[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - The Hangar's 8th Annual NFL Pick 'Em Game '10

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:17 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Hangar's 8th Annual NFL Pick 'Em Game '10
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:09 am 
Master Pilot

Uhh, did someone alter my picks? I did NOT choose Buffalo.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:42 am 
The Timekeeper

Never touched it...I'll change it to NE...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:59 am 
Master Pilot

Thanks. I doubt I've picked against NE since Brady's been the QB......

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:05 am 
The Timekeeper

afternoon results:
Image Josh Freeman 237 yd pass 5TDs LaGarrette Blount 164 yd rush Kellen Winslow 98 yd rec 2TDs Mike Williams 2TDs Tampa Bay 38 Seattle 15. Aaron Rodgers comes close to Freeman with 404 yd pass 4TDs as the Packers crush NYG 45-17 Greg Jennings 142 yd rec Jordy Nelson 124 yd rec 1TD. Guess I'm done with football as SD doesn't look like it'll make it now: Cincinnati 34 San Diego 20 Carson Palmer 269 yd pass 4TDs Jerome Simpson 124 yd rec 2TDs. Broncos (HUH?) 24 Houston 23 a six yd TD run by Tim Tebow, 308 yd pass 1TD, seals it Brandon Lloyd 111 yd rec Jabar Gaffney 90 yd rec. Indianapolis outlasts Oakland 31-26 Peyton Manning 3 pass TDs Dominick Rhodes (remember him?) 98 yd rush.

current standings:
jelerak 10-4
Damelon 10-4
Menolly 10-4
cali 9-4
SoftOne 9-5
Mr S 8-5
aTOMiC 8-6
dAN 8-6
Earthy 8-6
Endy9 8-6
tj 8-6
Celburne 7-7
psytech 7-7
elanor 6-7
Bigred 6-7
danlo 5-9

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:50 pm 
The Timekeeper

Looks like the Minn/Philly game has now been officially moved to Tuesday at 4PM EST

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:02 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:09 pm 
The Timekeeper

MNF result:
Image Drew Brees, 302 yd pass 1TD, overcomes 2 interceptions in the 4th quarter to lead the Saints to a 17-14 victory over Hot 'lanta.

current standings:
jelerak 11-4
Menolly 11-4
cali 10-4
Damelon 10-5
SoftOne 9-6
Earthy 9-6
Mr S 8-6
aTOMiC 8-7
dAN 8-7
Endy9 8-7
tj 8-7
Celburne 8-7
psytech 7-8
elanor 7-7
Bigred 6-8
danlo 5-10

OK we've now got a problem-everybody picked Philly so that means Menolly and jelerak are in a tie break. Problem is that Menolly did NOT chose a score for last night's game. Here's what I'm going to do: I'm going to ask Menolly and jelerak to predict today's score to determine the winner. PMs going out now. I will put up week 17's schedule immediately following today's game.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:23 pm 

Oops, too late now for last night, but does anyone doubt that I would have gone with 24-17?
If not, your call if you want to go with that or not, danlo.
Especially if we don't hear from jel.

Either way, let's carry that over to tonight's score.
Tuesday Night Football: 24-17

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:48 pm 
The Timekeeper

It's not really fair to jel if you forgot and, like everyone else, we can't assume you'd put up your patented score (I've never thought that that was legal, but I've always let you slide...) I should have simply awarded the week to jel, but I'm giving you both an even fairer way to settle this...Yes, I'll accept what you put up, but putting up the most probable statistical score every week takes all the fun out of the game (maybe that's what I mean by 'illegal'...).

also: if everyone did what you do we might as well not have the game at all, capis?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:09 pm 

~Avatar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:31 pm 
Master Pilot

Hey guys...been real preoccupied at the job the past few days and this is the first that I have logged in since Sunday afternoon.

I'm all for Menolly and her score that she would have posted. I don't want to win a week on a technicality.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:03 pm 
Master Pilot

I have a solution - just award the week to ME!!!
That way there's no hard feelings......

just a suggestion... :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:12 pm 
The Timekeeper

Image Dang, what a time for Minnesota to remember how to play! Adrian Peterson 118 yd rush 1TD Percy Harvin 100 yd rec as Rob Maadi said in the paper this morning they "stick a fork in Philly's bye quest" 24-14.

final standings:
Thanks to jelerak's sportsmanship-
Menolly 11-5 tb wins week 16!!!!!
jelerak 11-5 tb
cali 10-5
Damelon 10-6
SoftOne 9-7
Earthy 9-7
Mr S 8-7
aTOMiC 8-8
dAN 8-8
Endy9 8-8
tj 8-8
Celburne 8-8
psytech 7-9
elanor 7-8
Bigred 6-9
danlo 5-11

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:24 pm 
The Timekeeper

Sunday, Jan 2nd :snow:
early
Carolina at Atlanta
Pittsburgh at Cleveland
Minnesota at Detroit
Oakland at Kansas City
Miami at New England
Tampa Bay at New Orleans
Buffalo at NY Jets
Cincinnati at Baltimore
aftenoon
Jacksonville at Houston
NY Giants at Washington
Dallas at Philadelphia
Arizona at San Francisco
Chicago at Green Bay
Tennessee at Indianapolis
San Diego at Denver
late
St. Louis at Seattle
end regular season

I know Menolly's looking imposing, but keep it up folks, and don't forget to stick around, once again, for our 8th annual Playoffs/Superbowl Challenge Game!!! Here's a quick link to that

......................................................:newyear:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:33 pm 

~Avatar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next