[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - NCAA tourney-Sign in, sign up!

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: NCAA tourney-Sign in, sign up!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:41 pm 
The Timekeeper

Here's a group I created at Yahoo! (like Cleburne did last year) we're called HANGAR HOOPSTERS and the password is ahira, Group ID # is 44673. Sign up now and on Monday you'll be able to make your selections :sky: GO LOBOS! :wolf:

Post subject: Re: NCAA tourney-Sign in, sign up!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:57 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
I totally suck at basketball picks, but I'll give it a go.
danlo, we need the group ID# to join, not the name.
I'm attempting to find it on the browse list, but there are 3,000+ groups to sort through.

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:35 am 

gah...
and the alphabetical listing goes from Hand of Stone to Hang on Sloopy with a group starting with hank being next.
I guess you can't even browse to a private group...

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:09 am 
The Timekeeper

Group ID # is 44673

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:25 am 

~Avatar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:23 pm 
The Timekeeper

Everyone creates their own bracket.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:54 pm 

Thanks danlo!

~Avatar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:54 pm 
The Timekeeper

I believe today is the final day to do this...the consolation game Ark-Pine v. Winthrop is played today. It looks like we've generated 0 interest (a lot of people abandoned sports forums after football this year) so I'm going in to make my picks right now to, I guess a) see how I do v. everyone on Yahoo! and b0 practice before making my real brackets on the local paper's 100,000 dollar contest...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:02 pm 
Lady Scryer

Good luck in the $100,000 thing! :D That is a boatload of money! 8)

My husband said he would have done this, but did not want to pick the rat tail game. :?

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:36 pm 
The Timekeeper

You can still enter today--The "rat-tail" game doesn't matter--I picked the loser (Winthrop) and it didn't count against me...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:38 pm 
Master Pilot

Sorry there wasn't interest in this thing, but I'm staying out of fantasy sports until next football season.
I'm just learning about the NFL now; I don't wanna spend more time learning a whole new league, a whole other sport.
(I'm also a tad ticked off - at myself - for having missed the NFL playoff picks.)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:59 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:04 pm 
The Timekeeper

Well, my brackets suck! (9 of 16) tons of upsets, but the Lobos won so I don't care, GOOOOOOOOOOO wolfpack!. .

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:49 pm 

I got 10 of 19...
But my national game match-up is already screwed...

~Avatar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:31 am 
Lady Scryer

My husband chose Kansas to go very deep. That was a huge upset today when they got taken down by a low seed in just the second round.

Image Image Image