[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - '09 Playoffs/Super Bowl Challenge

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: '09 Playoffs/Super Bowl Challenge
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:29 pm 
The Timekeeper

Bold prediction Endy! I, actually, think Minn might have a chance because of their powerful D-line, but I'm stickin' to my guns...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:26 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:19 pm 
Master Pilot

The Jets made a believer out of me. I thought after the Falcons beat them, they weren't that good. Since then they've been looking like the team you don't want to play in a close game.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:44 pm 
MOOOOOOOOOOOOO

bigredbulldog's picks:
Indy 21-10
Vikings 41-37

Mr. Sunshine's picks:
Indy 24-10
Saints 35-24

Californiababy's picks:
Indy 24-10
Saints 31-28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:48 pm 
The Timekeeper

Championships results:
AFC: New York played very tough up till halftime, but Peyton Manning 377 pass yd 3 TDs cut them to ribbons after that. Colts advance to the big dance 30-17. Pierre Garcon 151 rec yd 1 TD, Austin Collie 123 rec yd 1 TD, Joseph Addai 80 rush yd.
NFC:
Turnover city and Favre makes a huge mistake sending the game into OT as young Garrett Hartley hits a 40 yd FG to send the Saints to the Super Bowl for the first time ever! 31 Minnesota 28. Drew Brees 3 TDs.

current standings:
Earthy 8-2 -156
Mr. Sunshine 7-3 -110 +15= -95 (picked total score NO/Minn game)
danlo 7-3 -177
cali 6-4 -112 +20= -92 (picked exact score NO/Minn game)
Menolly 6-4 -143
psytech 6-4 -169
tj 5-5 -89
Cleburne 5-5 -186
Bigred 4-6 -157
Endy9 4-6 -173

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:41 pm 
The Timekeeper

In an attempt to support the NFL Commissioner and keep more folks involved in the game I've added the Pro Bowl as a pick this year. The Pro Bowl is being played before the Super Bowl for the very first time in Southern Florida, which in the words of my friend Mike, "Is really stupid as a third of the most deserving players will be preparing the Super Bowl instead." But, I guess it's better than being way the heck out in Hawaii with no one paying attention to it...

Pro Bowl
Saturday, Jan 30th
AFC vs NFC

Super Bowl XLIV
Sunday, Feb 7th Miami, Fla
late
Indianapolis Colts vs New Orleans Saints (CBS)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:53 pm 
Master Pilot

Pro Bowl
AFC 28 NFC 23

Super Bowl
NO 41 Indy 38

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:43 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
Pro Bowl
Saturday, Jan 30th
AFC vs NFC 24-17 (41 total points)

Super Bowl XLIV
late
Indianapolis Colts vs New Orleans Saints 24-17 (41 total points)

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:33 am 
The Timekeeper

That's a low score for a Pro Bowl, usually the defense just chills and tons of points are scored--but will she change it?

I don't think so.... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:21 pm 
Master Pilot

Pro Bowl
Saturday, Jan 30th
AFC vs NFC we really have to pick this game?????

who cares - AFC 55, NFC 42

Super Bowl XLIV
late
Indianapolis Colts vs New Orleans Saints (CBS)
tough pick - I think Indy D gets it done Indy 31, NO 24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:27 pm 
The Timekeeper

You really don't have to, it's just an incentive to boost your numbers. I think I watched one quarter of the Pro Bowl way back when I was 17...that was it... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:40 pm 
Master Pilot

NFC versus AFC 42-32

Super Bowl
New Orleans Saints
vs
Indy Colts
32-28
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:18 pm 
The Timekeeper

AFC 48-32

New Orleans 31-30 someone at the Watch pointed out that it'll be weird to see to 'dome' teams go at it out in the open. I think the game will be decided by a 2 pt conversion.

:bd: tj!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:52 pm 
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Pro Bowl:

Californiababy:
NFC 35-30

Bigredbulldog:
Tie 35-35

Mr. Sunshine:
NFC 45-35

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:28 am 
Pilot

AFC 39-34

New Orleans 34-32

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next