[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - '09 Playoffs/Super Bowl Challenge

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: '09 Playoffs/Super Bowl Challenge
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:24 pm 
The Timekeeper

Pro Bowl results:
Did anyone watch? Did anyone care? Apparently Matt Schaub did pretty well with 2 pass TD to take it for the AFC 41 NFC 34.

current standings:
Earthy 9-2 -179
danlo 8-3 -182
Mr. Sunshine 7-4 -115 +15= -100
psytech 7-4 -170 -10= -160 (one point off)
Menolly 7-4 -177
cali 6-5 -102
tj 5-5 -89
Cleburne 5-6 -187 -10=177 (one point off)
Endy9 5-6 -195
Bigred 4-6 -162

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 pm 
Master Pilot

I'm a little pissed that they couldn't score 2 more TD's.
It's not like they played defense at all.....
(2) rule modifications for the "all-star" game:
1) NO BLITZING
2) NO INTENTIONAL GROUNDING CALLED

hmm.......might as well have a punt pass & kick competition...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:08 pm 
Pilot

Thanks for the birthday wishes, dan! Knew I should have checked in last week.

<rant>
I was boycotting the Pro Bowl. Of the All-Star games, it's tied for last with the NBA and NHL. The MLB All-Star game at least mimicks the real game. The pitchers pitch, the fielders field, and the hitters hit. Sure, it's silly that someone from the Orioles or the Nationals decides who gets home field advantage in the World Series, but at least the game is the same. In the others, there's no defense, which is 1/2 the game. I think the Skills competitions that they have before the games are much more interesting (except the slam dunk thing...that was old 10 years ago). Just my opinion though...
</rant>

Anyhoo, the Super Bowl should be interesting. I like both teams, and it's tough to decide on a winner, so I'll go with the chalk...

Colts 34, Saints 30

Might be another one of those "team with the ball last wins" games.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:15 pm 
Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:32 pm 
Lady Scryer

Super Bowl:

Californiababy: Indy over Saints 34-28

Mr. Sunshine: Indy over Saints 35-31

Bigredbulldog: Indy over Saints 31-27

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:49 pm 
The Timekeeper

Super Bowl XLIV
I'm sure everyone saw it so I'll just makes some comments and spare everyone the stats-Saints win 31-17, basically due to a Tracy Porter 74 yd return of a Peyton Manning interception. I firmly believe the Saints earned this win as opposed to many people saying that Peyton threw the game away, Their D was very good, they kept Peyton off the field and knocked him off his rhythm and their onside kick was a terribly gutsy call (even if it did bounce off the hands of Hank Baskett a former UNM Lobo :oops: ). Yes, the Colts probably played a little too conservativel, when they should have been airing it out. Anyway, WHAT a great win and morale booster for the city of New Orleans!!!!

final results:
Earthy 9-3 -186 +10= -176 Does it again!!!!!
2 danlo 9-3 -195 (almost got you man, almost...)
3 Menolly 8-4 -184 +10= -174
psytech 8-4 -178
Mr. Sunshine 7-5 -118
cali 6-6 -116
tj 5-6 -105
Cleburne 5-7 -189
Endy9 6-6 -226
tj 5-6 -105
Bigred 4-7 -172

Many thanks to all who participated! :sky:
Please stick around the old Ice Dome folks as our final game of the year will be picking the brackets for March Madness: the NCAA Basketball tournament! :wave:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:25 pm 
Lady Scryer

Earthy is just kicking butt this year! Congratulations!!!

This is the first year I have been home to watch the Super Bowl in years. I was looking forward to the ads, having heard about them for years. Well, not only did I snooze through more than half of the game (most of the first half, halftime, and the first part of the second half, but admit the parts I saw of the second half were really exciting) :oops: :oops: :oops: , but I was not impressed with the ads. Those chickens with the high pitched screams gave me a headache. :razz: :razz: :razz:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:03 pm 
Master Pilot

I'd like to say I had success due to all the films I've watched, studying trends & tendencies, but that would be almost as much BS as listening to Peyton whining about how everyone else on his team lost the game for him......

This was fun & even moreso to get lucky & finally pick some games correctly.

I still don't understand the bonus point system danlo's using so, I'm even more amazed that I won!!!!!

Like danlo said, the win was great for the city of NO and Drew Brees is really a 'good guy'

I guess I'll have to stick around for NCAA bball, I'm kinda on a roll....

:earthy:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:35 pm 
The Timekeeper

It's pretty simple I give you negative points for how many points you're off the actual scores, and you earn bonuses by predicting exact score, total score, or being closest to the score-the bonuses are then added to your negative points.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:58 am 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
Oh, so the +10 I got was for being closest to the final score for the Superbowl?
Cool!

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:50 am 
The Timekeeper

Yes! And aside from March Madness I'm (thankfully) almost out of a job-you don't hear that much lately... :P

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:09 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
I knew I didn't want the Saints scoring that last touchdown. ;)

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:41 pm 
Pilot

Saturday, Jan 9th
afternoon
New York Jets, 28-27
late
Philadelphia, 17-14

Sunday, Jan 10th
early
New England, 31-14
afternoon
Green Bay, 27-12

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:17 pm 
The Timekeeper

What the heck are you doing SO? The playoff orders haven't even been determined yet! :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:15 pm 
Master Pilot

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next