[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - What do you think of Agassi's revelations?

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:27 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: What do you think of Agassi's revelations?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:56 pm 
The Timekeeper

We don't really have a continuous Tennis thread here, so I guess this will have to do. Apparently, USTA star Andre Agassi has revealed drug use while on the tour and other allegations in his forthcoming book. Even such sordid details as Brooke Shields coercing him into wearing risers during their wedding ceremony :P . Now Marat Saffin is demanding he give back all his titles, due to his alleged use of crystal meth. Does Saffin have a valid point? And how can we even call it an allegation, if that's, apparently, what he himself stated in his book?

Post subject: Re: What do you think of Agassi's revelations?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:12 am 
Master Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:36 am 
Lady Scryer

Using baseball as an example - the guys who continually lie and cover up their drug use like Barry Bonds and Roger Clemmons are vilified - the ones who come out and are somewhat honest about it like A-Rod and Andy Pettitte much less so. I applaud his honesty on this matter, and wish more athletes would be more forthcoming on such issues. I am much more willing to forgive someone if they come right out and admit that they were a butthead rather than them obviously being a butthead and constantly denying it.

In addition, meth is not a performance enhancing drug to my knowledge? If anything, wouldn't it lesson his performance? :? Make him fall into paranoia? :?

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:49 am 
Master Pilot

Yes, I was thinking that too. Meth would surely wreck your athletic skills, not enhance them. Agassi did plummet from the top 100 ATP ranking in '97, the year he used meth. Don't know if there's a causal connection there - maybe he says more in his book.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:30 pm 
The Timekeeper

If injected in a fairly healthy body the right type crystal meth can put one on a speed rush that can last for a day or two.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:32 pm 
Master Pilot

Thanks for the info, I didn't know there are different types of crystal meth.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:35 pm 
Lady Scryer

I dunno. I have always heard that crystal meth is one of the most dangerous street drugs. :?

Some local sports radio DJ that my husband listens to always lists his rules of having a good life:
1. do not commit felony murder
2. do not do crystal meth

I do not remember the third. :lol:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:59 pm 
The Timekeeper

Sounds like that DJ borrowed those lines from Jim Rome LOL

It depends on the purity of the drug--but even very pure it will get you addicted and start seriously messing with your health after the 3 or 4th try.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:33 am 
Lady Scryer

For all I know it might be Jim Rome. I know Calibaby and the kids listen to that LA homer at times. They told me the third and fourth rules for having a good life involve not harming children and women.

Image Image Image