[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - baseball 2009- the Yankees go shopping!!!

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:04 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: baseball 2009- the Yankees go shopping!!!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:07 am 
Lady Scryer

The Yankees today offered huge contracts to two really good free agent starting pitchers. At the least, it looks like they landed the great CC Sabathia. Supposedly they are after every good free agent starting pitcher this year, to reinvent most of their starting rotation. :|

In this bad economy, must be nice to be able to throw around hundreds of millions of dollars! :box:

It'll be interesting to see how many of these guys the Yankees manage to sign, and how they will work out. I know the Brewers used the hell out of CC late in the last season, and I am wondering how his arm will be in the coming year as a result. :?

Will the Yankees have bought their way into the playoffs in the coming season?

How will Yankees fans react to CC if he does end up having an off year in 2009 due to overuse in 2008?

Will the Rays and the Red Sox press the Yankees this year?

And will the Tigers suck even harder???? Given that they have not added any pitching, but have added a poor hitting short stop and a poor hitting catcher, the possibility is that they will suck harder than any wind vac in the coming year. :box:

Image Image Image

Post subject: Re: baseball 2009- the Yankees go shopping!!!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:18 pm 
The Timekeeper

The other pitcher is A. J. Burnett that they are reportedly offering 8 mil to.

The dam Mets signed Angels super-closer Francisco Rodriguez (K-Rod) for sum ungodly sum around 37 million the other day-sucked the soul right out of my team. :(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:51 am 
Lady Scryer

The Yankees got both Burnett and CC Sabathia. Supposedly they might also be signing ManRam and another really good player. too - a guy whose name I will not even try to spell at this hour of the morning. :P And yet didn't they ask for hundreds of millions of tax payers' dollard to build their new stadium? :?

The Tigers traded away one of their best young players, Matt Joyce, to the Rays for a really suspect starting pitcher. Further proof that Dombrowski has completely lost it. God, they are going to suck in 2009! :box:

proof that
POOP FLOATS!!

The terrible pitching coach that the tigers fired last season - the one who destroyed Justin Verlander among others - already has a new job! he will be bullpen coach for the Indians next year! Cleveland fans deserve better!

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:03 am 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:32 pm 
Lady Scryer

And so now A-Rod is the latest superstar to supposedly get caught with a syringe in his butt. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:01 am 
Lady Scryer

They are only in spring training, but I am already sick to death of hearing about A-Rod, steroids, and the Yankees. :gag: :roll: :evil:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:56 am 
Lady Scryer

Has anyone else been catching any games in the Wolrd baseball Classic tournament? :)

Caught Italy/Venezuela today, though I admit I did keep nodding off throughout the game. :oops:

I'm really looking forward to the game between USA and Venezuela tomorrow - lots of Tigers playing. 8) Go Maggs! Go Miggs! Go Carlos! Go Grandy! :sky:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:13 pm 
Master Pilot

Duchess you are fan of what Baseball team ? And are they good or will they have a good season? :mrgreen:
And Danlo I take it you support San Diego :?:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:54 pm 
Lady Scryer

The Detroit Tigers - my hometown team. And while they have some great players - such as Magglio Ordonez, Curtis Granderson, and Miguel Cabrera, I am expecting them to really stink this year due to lack of quality pitching (both starting and bullpen). :?

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:59 am 
The Timekeeper

She's Tigers-
my teams:
football-SD Chargers
baseball-LA Angels
basketball-Phoenix Suns
hockey-Colorado Avalanche
soccer-Benfica (saw Eusebio play in Estoril when I was 12, amazing!)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:08 pm 
Lady Scryer

I know it is only spring training, and our four best hitters are all gone playing in the World Baseball Classic, but should I be worried that three Marlins pitchers just combined to get a no hitter against the Tigers? :box:

Too much like last spring, which was a freaking disaster. :box:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:40 pm 
The Timekeeper

I just read that Roman Catholic Tiger fans are all upset that the open on Good Friday during the "holy hours"...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:19 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:25 pm 
The Timekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:17 pm 
Lady Scryer

Yeah, we could get snow on up through May, so night time spring games are really bad things in this climate...we get pretty much all day time games through May, and get snow sprinkles and fans sitting in parkas for some of them anyway for march and/or April games. :razz:

Guess I do not run in particularly religious circles, Catholic or otherwise. :wink:

Image Image Image