[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - NBA 2008-09 season

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: NBA 2008-09 season
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:28 pm 
Lady Scryer

Looks like the finals will be the Orlando Magic and the LA Lakers. I was hoping that it would be the Nuggets and the Magic, so the super star super hype about a Kobe Bryant and LeBron James matchup would have to be silent. I only got half of my wish. :razz:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:49 pm 
The Timekeeper

No it was my wish! :drool: (You stay in your little hockey thread! :wink: ) yeah LeBron looked beat-go Superman crush Kobe! Those MVP Puppet commercials are pretty dam presumptuous...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:29 pm 
The Timekeeper

Well, either the series is a drag to talk about or duchy's taking my jokey comment seriously. As you probably know the Lakers are up 2-0 and it probably wasn't just me, but all of America, that intrinsically knew that if game 2 went into OT the Lakers would win it and possibly sweep. It was a crime really as Rashard Lewis played his ass off and deserved the win. Yes Kobe owned the Magic in the first game.

OK, let's see if home field advantage means anything tonight (actually game four might be more telling as the Lakers might have to take a breath tonight and may actually lose). Yes everybody's convinced, now, that it will either be a sweep or that the Lakers will win in 5. I can see some of that logic: home field is fairly important in basketball, but experience is even more important. I'm beginning to think physical experience may be more important than mental.

Whatever you think of the NBA it's not easy to make the professional ranks. In college you play what? 37 games at maybe the most with lots of break time in between. In the NBA you play what? 120-160? Sure the Lakers have Kobe but what makes the rest of the team better is conditioning over desire. Sure have all the desire you want but basketball does take a toll on the body and not many people can make it from November to June. Even LeBron, so far, can't and no matter how much heart Orlando has they may be just plain tired.

Sure the Heat came back from a 2-0 deficit to beat Dallas two years ago, but both teams were just as physically tired as each other, the Lakers aren't.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:25 pm 
Lady Scryer

The series is a drag for those of us who are sick of overhyped superstars like Bryant. :razz:

My husband, who is a huge Lakers fan, is quite happy, though. :roll:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:06 pm 
Lady Scryer

Lakers now up in the series 3-1. If/when they win, I expect endless raptures over Kobe Bryant by TV sports talking heads, making ESPN and its various channels unwatchable for weeks. :razz: :razz: :razz:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:57 am 
The Timekeeper

I'm in mourning for the Magic, yes the Lakers matched up better--but I hate the Lakers. Please Shaq, you have one good year left, join the Cavs and bounce Kobe's ass, please.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:38 pm 
Lady Scryer

I do not know which over-hyped sports star I am sicker of at the moment - Crosby in hockey or Kobe Bryant in basketball. Too bad they cannot be locked up together in a small closet for the next few months with no food to see which one survives. :P

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:16 pm 
The Timekeeper

Throw Favre in with them, maybe in the melee they'll break his arm so he finally retires and we never have to hear about him again...

Like Zack Slater (a character on AMC who's a major Red Wings fan) you're just being bitter... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:12 pm 
Lady Scryer

Yeah, throw in Favre and ManRam and that dog fighting idiot Michael Vick (along with a few hungry pitbulls) and A-Rod as well. :mrgreen: 8) And you cannot forget Terrell Owens. :sneak:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:50 pm 
The Timekeeper

Now these images are really starting to get gross-like some huge stew of human shite, HGH, roids, egos and fertility drugs being stirred by Jose Canseco.

Even The Toxic Avenger wouldn't touch that! :P

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:32 pm 
Lady Scryer

I hope that the pitt bulls would all survive (without fighting each other). :twisted:

Image Image Image