[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - The Snowy Owl Sports Bar and Grill

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Snowy Owl Sports Bar and Grill
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:38 pm 
Master Pilot

Sorry been neglecting here and KW a bit lately been super busy ,now more busy with Baseball drafts in progress . :duel: Hope everyone is good.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:07 pm 
The Timekeeper

Crap that reminds me to do my 2nd mock draft---my first one sucked raw eggs...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:10 am 
Lady Scryer

Has anyone else gotten so sick of the nonstop coverage and hype of Tiger Woods in the Masters that you throw up in your mouths a little bit every time your hear his dreaded name? :gag:

In the meantime, baseball has started and the hockey playoffs are about to start. :sky: :sky: :sky: The great unbeaten race mare Zenyatta easily won her race in the Apple Blossom today, tying her with the longest winning streak in open races in modern horse racing history alongside Citation and Kelso. The Kentucky Derby is less than a month away, and one of the colts looks like he might be the real deal if you go by his prep races (and I will not even attempt to spell his name, which is Arabic for Alexandria). :lol: And isn't the NFL draft coming soon? And the Frozen Four (NCAA college hockey championships) are this weekend in Detroit.

So lots of stuff going on in sports other than Tiger Woods, though you would never know it from the sports media. :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:32 pm 
Master Pilot

I haven't bothered to read up on the happenings in golf until just today, to see who was leading at the Masters. :lol:

I see that a couple of English blokes are at the top of the leaderboard. I know Ian Poulter mainly from his wild fashion statements. Lee Westwood is one of those best players around who have yet to win a major.

Regarding Woods, I tuned out of his sex scandal during that stretch a few months back. I wasn't about to start feeling sorry for him. He was responsible for his clean public image over the years: if he couldn't live up to the persona he created, it wasn't my problem. Anyway, it's clear that his personal troubles hasn't damaged his golf game - he certainly picked the right tournament to come back to.

For anyone not sick to death yet of stuff on Tiger, I just read this article:

It's about a Nike commercial that apparently used the words of his late father, Earl Woods, as a kind of on-air public expression of his remorse. The article's author calls the commercial "creepy" and "distasteful" but I haven't seen it (not exactly eager to, anyway).

Me, I'll be rooting for Y.E. Yang, who won last year's PGA Championship - and he did it by knocking off Woods of all people. Yang remains the only player to have won against Woods in a major when Woods had the lead going into the final round.

Oh, and I should try and follow what's going on in the NHL playoffs.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:07 pm 
Lady Scryer

NFL draft today. I am hoping the Lions take the boy named Suh. :mrgreen:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:48 pm 
Lady Scryer

Yesterday is the first time I can remember in my entire life that everyone is united and happy behind the Detroit Lions! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I am actually a bit surprised that spontaneous street parades and other expressions of joy did not break out, as on Obama's election night. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:48 pm 
Lady Scryer

In honor of Moonwatcher (who is sadly, MIA), I will mention that Rafael Nadal seems to back in full form after his injury. He just had a rather overpowering win in the French Open, retaking the world's top tennis ranking for men.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:46 pm 
The Timekeeper

Crying in my beer over here: The Chargers just don't look the same to me anymore, I could deal with LT and Antonio Cromartie moving on, but Tra Thomas isn't going to replace Marcus McNeill at offensive left tackle and while I love Malcolm Floyd he's no Vincent Jackson. They signed Josh Reed 5 days ago!? Why? He's usless, utterly useless... Now RB Ryan Matthews was great draft pick, but I don't think a rookie and Antonio Gates are going to carry this team, and I've really had enough of Norv Turner and dam: I just looked at their roster and didn't even see Merriman's name on it! I think I'm done---don't know where I'm going until August but NYJ is pretty dang tempting right now...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:46 pm 
Lady Scryer

Is anyone else feel like they are watching a changing of the guard at Wimbledon with so many top players already eliminated? (Though Nadal is still in the hunt...)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:18 am 
Lady Scryer

Turns out that two familiar faces - Nadal and Serena Williams won the singles - but it still seems to be that the supporting cast did feature a changing of the guard. :?

Is anyone else sick to death of the daily (seems like minutely sometimes :P ) LeBron James free agency news updates?

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:16 am 
The Timekeeper

This is why it's good to tune out of sports reports in July, August is preseason football, I don't care about NBA free agency of the All Star game. Ignorance is bliss. Yes, with Federer on the decline it's a whole new tennis world...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:19 am 
Lady Scryer

Yeah, I'm actually looking forward to a week on the beach with no television (and the constant NBA free agency stuff - breaking news! LeBron used the bathroom! :razz: :roll: ). I can listen to the baseball All Star game on the radio if I feel the need. :mrgreen:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:58 pm 
The Timekeeper

Great, my football team isn't the same (despite them saying VJax ain't goin' anywhere [even tho he IS suspended for the 1st 3 games, ack]).. my baseball team isn't the same (so Tori Hunter's an All Star, so what...) and now my basketball team REALLY isn't the same with Stoudemier signing with the Knicks-only way I'd become a Knicks fan (again) is if Wade joined him...but watch Bosh and Wade sign with the Heat...whaa!!! :box:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:44 pm 
Lady Scryer

About the hour long LeBron James special tonight (where he will tell the world where he will be playing next year, even though a lot of leaks have already indicated which team he will probably be signing with) - what a poisonous and amazing display of pure ego! :gag:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:35 pm 
The Timekeeper

:pink: Kicking around the ol' Sports Bar, having a sparkling pink lemonade. Well, the MBL Allstar Game is tonight and I don't really care as long as the National League gets homefield advantage in the World Series, for a change. I was on the fence for a while about the 'big triumvirant' but now that Miami just picked up Ilgauskus I may just ask for a Chris Bosh Heat jersey for my birthday. I've also, finally, decided to root for the Chargers again this year-I'm going to give them 5 games to see if Marcus McNiell signs, Floyd and Matthews excel and if Vincent Jackson becomes loyal after his 3 game suspension and doesn't hold hold on his contract... If most of that fails the Jets (and possibly the Ravens and Miami) are on the horizon. The LeBron crap is like the Favre crap: I'm only happy when it's over. I lost interest in the World Cup after Portugal and the US bowed out, but I did watch the final--a lot of whining and posturing, as if Spain deserved to win it just by looking more aggressive (and it kind of worked out that way). With Nadal once the Spanish win the World Windsurfing Championships they will truly be the sports capital of the world. At least it wasn't German, Argentina or Brazil...

Tiger's finally acting human and the British Open starts on Thursday, accidents have wiped Lance Armstrong out of the Tour De France and Danika Patrick still hasn't won anything. I usually say that tomorrow is the most boring sports day in America, and it is, but you can see a bunch of stuff swirling around it. In fact NFL training camps open up as soon as the 25th!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!! So take heart.

Finally RIP George Steinbrenner-growing up around New York he was a major reason why I hated the Yankees. But, for better or worse he revolutionized the game (and made it economically impossible for me to ever see a post 1980 MLB game :P ). Born on July 4th, died on All Star morning he bled pinstripes and baseball, forged a huge path and will be missed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next