[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Favre retires-and other preseason/training camp news 2008

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 7:16 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Favre retires-and other preseason/training camp news 2008
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:33 pm 
The Timekeeper

I'm glad he had a throwback season last year and retired with class-I thought he was going to retire two seasons ago. Impressive career numbers Brett!!

Post subject: Re: Favre retires
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:38 am 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

Post subject: Re: Favre retires
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:25 pm 
The Timekeeper

Favre unretires (that could never happen!) then GB really doesn't want him, then they want him in a limited role, then Favre demands to be released, now GB is accusing Minnesota with tampering...man this sheet's got nothing on All My Children! :me: aside from poor Minn getting thrown under the bus it sounds exactly like last year. Please god make it stop! Think about it: if it really does stop then (opposed to the last three years) ESPN will have nothing to talk about during the off season.

In other, limited, NFL news Kevin Jones has been signed by Chicago: he joins the promising rookie Matt Forte and (the other) Adrian Peterson da Bears backfield.

Post subject: Re: Favre retires-and other preseason/training camp news
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:39 pm 
Master Pilot

Lance Briggs, Bears linebacker, was asked what the chances were of Brett Farve playing for the Bears. "Brett has a better chance of being struck by lightning twice.", was the response. :lol:

Post subject: Re: Favre retires-and other preseason/training camp news
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:12 pm 
The Timekeeper

Sometimes I think ESPN pays Favre to "unretire" just so they have something to talk about.

Training camp just started for the Washington Redskins and they promptly lost their starting DE to serious injury so they traded with Miami for Pro Bowl DE Jason Taylor. Taylor quickly fell out of favor with new president of Ops, Bill Parcels, for Dancing with the Stars instead of leading his team at mini camps this spring.

Post subject: Re: Favre retires-and other preseason/training camp news 2008
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:44 pm 
The Timekeeper

TE Jeremy Shockey has just been traded to the Saints...this move has some interesting Fantasy implications...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:29 pm 
Master Pilot

I had Jerry Porter from Jacksonville in my team but dropped him as he will out injured for 6-8 weeks (hamstring operation). I reckoned it take him a while to get back to full fitness so he wouldnt be having a big part to play in the first few games :?:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:47 pm 
The Timekeeper

Speaking of former Raiders (joke) I just read where the Raiders are essentially paying LaMont Jordan (RB) not to play to keep him out of the McFadden/Vargas mix--I wish somebody would pay me 5 million not to play. IOW do not, repeat, do not draft Jordan under any circumstance.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:36 pm 
Master Pilot

Well, it looks like Farve will stay in Green Bay and "compete" for the starting QB job.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:13 pm 
Master Pilot

I feel bad for Aaron Rogers. The Brett Favre phenomenon has caused alot of turmoil.
Are the Packers a better team now that Brett is back? Of course.
Sorry Aaron.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:42 pm 
The Timekeeper

Brett is now a Jet, at least it rhymes... :P

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:39 pm 
The Timekeeper

Chad Johnson (WR Bengals) popped his shoulder out of place during this weekend's preseason game. But, it popped back in and the xrays were negative so he should be good to go during the first reg. season game.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:32 pm 
The Timekeeper

*Steven Jackson, top 5 rated RB for the Rams has ended his holdout and expects to be reporting to camp soon.
*Matt Hasselback, QB Seahawks, stiff back will sit out this weekend's preseason game, Coach Holmgren expects him to be ready to go in game 1.
*Kevin Curtis, WR Eagles, will undergo sports hernia surgery. Andy Reid expects him to return around game 3, but remember this type of injury wrecked seasons for Donovan McNabb and L. J. Smith.
*The Bengals have resigned troubled WR Chris Henry.