[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - NHL 2007

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 3:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: NHL 2007
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:13 am 
Lady Scryer

Stanley Cup - three wins away for the Wings!

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:37 am 
Lady Scryer

Stanley Cup - two wins away for the Red Wings! Image

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:31 am 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:10 am 
Master Pilot

:lol: That's harsh!

For the sake of their fans, I hope the Pens put on a good show at home.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:22 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:28 pm 
The Timekeeper

I heard Mike Tirico (ESPN radio) joking today how all of Michigan is going to come up with mass-carpal tunnel from switching so much between Pistons/Celtic and Wing/Penguies games this week! :wink:

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:54 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:24 am 
Master Pilot

Just saw that on the news. There's speculation that his inexperience as a motorcyclist might have been a factor in the crash.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:54 pm 
Lady Scryer

According to some of the posters at Red Wings Central he supposedly only had the bike for two days before the crash. :(

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:14 pm 
Lady Scryer

I do not think that we will be going to the game tonight...my husband has his first day off in at least a couple of weeks, and he has fallen into a deep and exhausted sleep. And I would not wake him up right now for love, money, or even the Red Wings. :wink: If he wakes up at some point, we might go watch the game on the big screen at our favorite sports bar/pizzaria though. :)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:43 am 
Master Pilot

Yeah, no one likes to be dragged out of a good sleep...hope your mate had a good rest.

Game Four turned out to be very exciting, though you couldn't tell by the low score. It was just that the Wings' defense was too good - it fought off every one of the Pens' powerplays.

Pittsburgh is, um, in the pits now...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:53 am 
Lady Scryer

I watched it on tv here at home. It was a great game. My heart nearly stopped when the Pens had that 5 on 3 power play late in the third period, though. :faint: Thank goodness the Z showed why he is a finalist for the award for best defensive forward in the league (the Selke, and I hope I spelled that right). :mrgreen:

I have to work Monday night, and will miss game five. :cry:

(My husband did get up to eat pizza with us, then he conked out again on the couch. Our screams woke him up both times the Wings scored. :wink: )

edited to add:
That shift with Henrik Zetterberg killing off the 5-3 might be the best individual shift I have ever seen a hockey player perform in my life. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wow. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:24 am 
Master Pilot

Yep, Mr. Zetterberg put on quite a performance.

Sucks that you won't be able to watch Game 5, duchess - especially since it'll be an opportunity for the Wings to clinch the Cup at home.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:25 pm 
Lady Scryer

My fellow hockey buddy Bob is also stuck working. We figure between the two of us, we can keep an eye on the score via the internet, and if the Wings are winning with a few minutes left, we can sneak to one of the patient waiting areas to catch the end of the game on television. :sneak:

I am hoping that the Wings finish it up tonight. The Pens will likely win an additional game in Pittsburgh (they play really well at home!), meaning that game seven will be in Detroit this weekend. And my hub and I have tickets to the symphony this weekend in downtown Detroit. :shock: Not looking forward to fighting insane traffic or huge crowds in restaurants. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I mean it would be OK if we did not have to be somewhere at a certain time, but we obviously would have to make the concert on time. :? And the concert and the game would both be starting at 2000. :?

I am also hoping that if they win tonight, the victory parade will be on Thursday, as I am taking off Thursday and Sunday and having a four day weekend. That way I could go to the parade and not have to call in sick for work. :wink: I could get there really early so park before the crowd begins to converge on downtown, and just hang out in Greektown most of the day. 8) Other Cup parades have crowds of about a million, so it is very important to get there early, from what I understand (I have never been able to go to one due to always being scheduled to work).

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:59 am 
Master Pilot

Triple overtime! What a game. Have to give credit to the Pens for hanging in for the win, even though they were outplayed.

Onto Pittsburgh...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next