[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - NHL 2007

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: NHL 2007
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:06 am 
Lady Scryer

Yeah, I was really depressed that we pretty much lost that game due to a boneheaded penalty. The ref made the absolute right call there - I am angry at the player, not the officiating. Then again, players start doing dumb things that far into a game due to exhaustion... :?

Holy crap, Fleury looked hot in the bits of game that I saw! If the Pens win the Cup, I hope he gets the MVP!

I only got to see moments of the game here and there, poking my head into patients' rooms and asking the score and the like. Then I get home just in time to see them lose. :razz: :razz: :razz:

I have to check out the schedule. Our tickets are for the concert on Friday night, and I am hoping game seven will be on Saturday for the Hockey Night in Canada broadcast. :wink: I am still expecting the Pens to win ay home, and game seven could really go either way. :?

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:30 pm 
Lady Scryer

LET'S GO RED WINGS clap clap clapclapclap

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!! clap clap clapclapclap

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!! clap clap clapclapclap

Time to show up for three periods and get in done tonight, boys!!

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:30 am 
Master Pilot

CONGRATS TO THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPION RED WINGS!

That third period was wild. Zetterberg's eventual game-winning goal was an ugly one, but clearly legitimate. I don't think anyone can blame Fleury for letting in the puck - he thought he was doing the smartest thing by lying down and (hopefully) covering the puck with his body. Just supreme bad luck for the guy.

Got to hand it to Pittsburgh for keeping Detroit busy all the way to the end. The Pens were so very close to making a miracle comeback to tie the score.

On the other hand, Detroit was clearly the superior team in this series. Watching the Wings at work in this final left me very, very impressed. Seriously, this Red Wings team has played some of the most masterful hockey I've ever seen in the Stanley Cup playoffs. They made the Pens look very average to my eyes - with the exception of Fleury.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:49 am 
Lady Scryer

I only got to watch the last five minutes of the game, but the Pens nearly stopped my heart with the six on four. :lol: I honestly thought they were going to come back and tie the game there at the end! :shock: I'll give the Pens a ton of credit for never ever giving up at any point in the series, no matter how outplayed. Given how young most of their key players are, this is a team to watch in the future. They could be monsters in year or two! :shock:

I watched the bit I could on the big screen TV they have in the nursing home with a bunch of little old men in wheelchairs. Most of them had bad eyes AND bad ears, so I had to explain to them over and over again what was going on. :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh, that was a hoot. :D 8)

I'm so glad Z-berg got the Conn Smythe - he deserved it for killing off that 5-3 as well as scoring and great all round defensive play. :mrgreen:

And after seeing the Swedish Kronwall in action, maybe Don Cherry will stop calling European born players wimpy. :razz:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:56 pm 
The Timekeeper

Congrats! That's quite a little dynasty you guys have got going there.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:25 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:31 am 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:15 am 
Lady Scryer

Here is a link to the pics of the red Wings private party after they won the Cup:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:52 am 
Master Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:49 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:19 am 
Lady Scryer

Not as eventful as the dent at the bar or Draper's baby pooping in the Cup, or even the christening over in Sweden involving Holmstrom's family - just what you would expect with Lidstrom - quiet and classy. 8)

Image Image Image