Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: New & Upcoming Fantasy Releases
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:56 am 
Pilot

The Thousandfold Thought was a powerful conclusion. The best completed epic fantasy series I have ever read. The Bodhisattva

Fantasybookspot.com

My interview this week: Kelly Link
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:58 pm 
Lady Scryer

I was on Amazon last night and noticed that Thousandfold Thought now has a release date of Feb. 2. I am unsure of what is going on... ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:59 pm 
Lady Scryer

Was on Amazon last night, and they had changed the release date on The Thousandfold Thought to Feb. 2. I am unsure of what is going on with that... ******************************************************

<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:56 pm 
Pilot

Quote:Was on Amazon last night, and they had changed the release date on The Thousandfold Thought to Feb. 2. I am unsure of what is going on with that...

I heard this. It's not an author delay, this book is completed and the publisher has them ready to go. Not sure what the cause it. The Bodhisattva

Fantasybookspot.com

My interview this week: Kelly Link
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:26 am 
Lady Scryer

It really doesn't make sense. I know that there seems to be plenty of Advanced Reader's Copies out there for the reviewers.

Some forthcoming books over the next few months (please note that these dates are from Amazon, so please take them all with a grain of salt):

The Thousandfold Thought, concluding book of the Prince of Nothing Trilogy by R. Scott Bakker (there is a thread for Bakker in this forum) - Feb. 2, 2006

Solstice Wood, a new novel by Patricia McKillip (there is a McKillip thread in this forum) - due out Feb. 7, 2006

Micah book 13 of the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K. Hamilton (thre is a Hamilton thread i nthis forum) - Feb 28, 2006

Definately Dead, latest book in the Southern Vampire Mysteries series by Charlaine Harris (there is a thread for this series down in the horror forum) - May 2, 2006

Undead and Unpopular - latest story about Betsy, the foul mouthed vampire queen with a heart of gold from the Twin Cities by Mary Janice Davidson (there is a thread for this series down in the horror forum, too) - June 6, 2006

Kushiel's Scion, the first book in a new trilogy set in an alternate Europe by Jaqueline Carey (there is a Carey thread in this forum) - thought to be due out in June or July, 2006

Danse Macabre - book 14 in the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K. Hamilton (there is a Hamilton thread in this forum) - due out June 27, 2006

The Blood Knight, third of what I hear will be four books in the Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone series by Greg Keyes (there is a Keyes thread in this forum) - due out July 11, 2006

Phantom - what is said the be the second to last Sword of Truth novel by Terry Goodkind - yes they are unfortunately still killing trees for this author - due out July 18, 2006

and the one that will excite Danlo in particular:
from Amazon.co.uk:
Quote:
Diamond Warriors, The (EA Cycle S.)
David Zindell
Our Price: £11.99
Not yet published: you may still order this title. We will dispatch it to you when we receive it from the publisher.
Edition: Paperback
Product Details:

Paperback 448 pages (May 7, 2007)
Publisher: Voyager
Language: English
ISBN: 0002247623
Category(ies): Science Fiction & Fantasy

<i></i>

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:42 pm 
Master Pilot

VanderMeer's Shriek: An Afterword and Erikson's The Bonehunters both came out recently. <i></i>

Post subject: Re: new fantasy releases
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:30 am 
Lady Scryer

Newly released in the USA is a book our European brethren have been going gaga over ~ Hal Duncan's Vellum.

Another huge European hit is Vandermeer's Shriek, and that will be coming out in the US this coming August (2006).

A third book in Gene Wolfe's Latro series will be coming out on my birthday in October 2006.

I believe that Erikson's Bonehunters is now out everywhere except the US. Thank God for Canadian bookstores.

Naomi Novik's hit, His Majesty's Dragon, mixing dragons into Napoleanic warfare, is now out in mass market paperback. The second book, Throne of Jade is also supposedly now out, though I have not seen it at a store yet.

Paul Park's followup to last year's The Princess of Roumania, called The Tourmaline will be out in July, 2006. ******************************************************

<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:24 am 
Lady Scryer

Naomi Novik's second book in her trilogy that started with His Majesty's Dragon, called Throne of Jade is definately out in the stores. Both are out in mass market paperback. The third book, The Black Powder War, will be out in mass market paperback May 30, 2006. I have to applaud the publisher - they have released the entire trilogy in three months! And in wallet friendly mass market paperback at that!!!

Why the heck can't those blood/money suckers at Tor do something similar with Erikson's books in the US? ******************************************************

<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:17 pm 
Lady Scryer

Charles de Lint has a new novel out called Widdershins. It is set in his fictional city of Newford. ******************************************************

<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:41 pm 
Master Pilot

The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch, first novel in the Gentleman Bastard series, is out this week in the UK, and later this month in the US.
There are competitons to win it at www.fantasybookspot.com and fantasyhotlist.blogspot.com ------------------

" 'You see, I don't believe in Todd. I think Todd exists only in your minds.'
'You take that back!'
'Where is your Todd now?' *laughs evilly*"<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:37 pm 
Master Pilot

Everybody's talking about this book Murrin! We'll need a Lynch thread very soon (that's sounds kinda scary, doesn't it... ). *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:05 am 
Lady Scryer

The book Murrin mentioned, the much hyped The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch is now readily available in the US. It is the first book of what might supposedly end up being a long series??

Also out in the stores:
The Blood Knight by Greg Keyes, third in a four book epic fantasy series called The Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone.

Dragon's Fire, the latest Pern book by Todd McCaffrey, son of Pern's originator Anne McCaffrey who wrote this book along with his famous mother. The last couple of Pern books before this one were either co-written by both of them or written by Todd. The Mom is evidently in the process of passing on the torch to the next generation. ******************************************************

<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:48 am 
Lady Scryer

Vandermeer's Shriek An Afterward is now available in the US; our European friends loved that one.

Garth Nix's very good short story collection Across the Wall and Paul Park's critical favorite The Princess of Roumania are now out in mass market paperback.

Mary Janice Davidson has released a new book in her very funny vampire series - Undead and Unpopular.

Julian May has released a third book in the Boreal Moon series -- Sorceror's Moon.

<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:54 am 
Master Pilot

Is May more Fantasy than Sci-Fi? (I'm afraid I may have her in the wrong category ) *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:00 am 
Lady Scryer

She is one of many fine science fiction writers (including such authors as Catherien Asaro and Lois McMaster Bujold)who have recently made the move over to fantasy.

From what I have been told, the Boreal Moon books are more fantasy than science fiction, but Joy could tell us for sure if she drops into this thread. ******************************************************

<i></i>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next