[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - New Fantasy Releases

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: new fantasy releases
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:06 pm 
Lady Scryer

I just realized that I forgot one - Kim Harrison's new novel, A Fistful of Charms is now in the stores. That is a series set in a sort of post-apocalyse Cincinnati, featuring a young and beautiful white witch. ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:00 am 
Lady Scryer

2007 Releases:

February 2007: By Slandrous Tongues by Mercedes Lackey and Roberta Gellis

March 2007 : Ysabel by Guy Guvriel Kay

March 2007 : For a Few Demons More by Kim Harrison

March 2007 : Reaper's Gale by Steven Erikson (UK, *NOT* US release)

March 2007 : Shadowplay by Tadd Williams

May 2007 The Diamond Warriors by David Zindell

May 2007: All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris

July 2007 The Sharing Knife: Legacy by Lois McMaster Bujold

July 2007 Kushiel's Justice by Jaquelyn Carey (avoid looking at the Amazon reviews - there are unbelievably huge spoilers there!) :shock:

October 2007 (projected) Fatal Revenant by Stephen R. Donaldson

Anyone looking out for other new books and have a release date? Please add it to the list!

I know two that I would very much like to see in 2007 would be Martin's A Dance With Dragons and the last book in the Blood and Thorn series by Gregory Keyes. Any books you would really like to see come out? ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
[/i]

Last edited by Duchess of Malfi on Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:24 pm 
Master Pilot

Dances With Dragons!! *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i></i>

Post subject: new fantasy releases for 2007
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:52 pm 
Lady Scryer

I would dearly love to see it come out, but GRRM has to finish writing it first...then comes the editing and rewrites...I have doubts for 2007. Let's hope for 2008! <i></i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:22 pm 
Lady Scryer

I had a nice long ramble in a big bookstore for the first time in ages today, and saw these new items. Since it has been awhile since spending an afternoon in a bookstore, I do not know exactly when they came out, other than it has been in the last three months or so. Note that this is a US bookstore, and I cannot vouch for anything involving what might be on the shelves in other countries. :)

Garth Nix ~ Lady Friday (YAY!!!)
Paul Park ~ The White Tyger - third of a four book series that started with Princess of Roumania and seems to be highly regarded by lots of critics
Hal Duncan ~ Ink - second part of a duology that started with Vellum and seems to be highly regarded by many critics - I think Alan might have read Vellum?

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:48 pm 
Master Pilot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:58 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:40 am 
The UnTitled

Vent away. :D I know exactly how you feel. In fact, I even often hold off on completed series. I've spent so many years scouring stores to complete series that are difficult to find or out of print or whatever.

Maybe I should get myself a credit card so I can buy off the internet. :D

--A

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:13 am 
Pilot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:49 am 
The UnTitled

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:28 pm 
Pilot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:57 am 
The UnTitled

Really lazy. ;)

--A

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:22 am 
Lady Scryer

PROJECTED 2008 RELEASES

FEBRUARY
Kim Harrison
The Outlaw Demon Wails
Rachel Morgan series #6

Iain Banks
Matter
Culture science fiction series

MARCH
Greg Keyes
The Born Queen
Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone, fourth and completing book

Steven Erikson
Reaper's Gale
Malazan (US release)

MaryJanice Davidson
Dead Over Heels
short stories

Terry Brooks
Dark Wraith of Shannara
Shannara series

Kelley Armstrong
Personal Demon
Women of the Otherworld book #8

Joe Ambercrombie
Before They Are Hanged
The First Law book two (US release)

APRIL

Paul Park
The Hidden World
fourth (and last) book of Roumania series

Mercedes lackey & Roberta Gellis
And Less Than Kind
book four of Double Edged (fae in Tudor England)

Lois McMaster Bujold
The Sharing Knife: Passages
book three of the Sharing Knife quartet

Alan Campbell
Iron Angel
second book, the Deepgate Codex

Phillip Pullman
Once Upon a Time in the North
His Dark Materials

Jim Butcher
Small Favors
Dreden Files book 10

Ilona Andrews
Magic Burns
Kate Daniels book #2

MAY

Charlaine Harris
From Dead to Worse
Sookie Stackhouse series

JUNE

Brian Ruckley
Bloodheir
book two of The Godless World

Jacqueline Carey
Kushiel's Mercy
conclusion of the Imriel triology

Laurell K. Hamilton
Blood Noir
Anita Blake Vampire Hunter # 16

JULY

Garth Nix
Superior Saturday
Keys to the Kingdom book #6

Daniel Abraham
An Autumn War
third book of the Long Price Quartet

Naomi Novik
Victory of Eagles
Temeraire book 5

MaryJanice Davidson
Undead and Unworthy
Queen Betsy Series

AUGUST

Steven Erikson
Toll the Hounds
Malazan Book of the Fallen (UK release)

SEPTEMBER

Ian Esslemont
Return of the Crimson Guard
Malazan Book of the Fallen (UK release)

George R. R. Martin
A Dance With Dragons
A Song of Ice and Fire #5

OCTOBER

Scott Lynch
The Republic of Thieves
Gentleman Bastards #3

urban fantasy short story collection:
Wolfsbane and Misteltoe
werewolf holiday stories! :lol:
edited by Charlaine Harris

MAY, 2009

Scott Lynch
The Bastards and the Knives
Gentleman Bastards novellas

will add more as I think of them and/or find the dates; all of these are tentative (though the closest ones in date are pretty firm) :wink:

Image Image Image

Last edited by Duchess of Malfi on Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:37 am 
Lady Scryer

I just got an email from Amazon that thye have shipped me a copy of Before They Are Hanged even though it is not due to be released until next month! :happyrun:

GLOTKA!!

GLOTKA!!!

GLOTKA!!!!

I am a very happy Glotka fangirl now~!!!! :loveflag:

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:57 pm 
Lady Scryer

Are early releases becoming a trend? :?

First the Abercrombie from Amazon. And then last week I got Erikson's Reaper's Gale in the mail from the book club. :shock:

If it is a trend, it is a very welcome one! 8)

Image Image Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next