[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - New Fantasy Releases

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Fantasy Releases
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:12 pm 
The UnTitled

Damn, I've only been reading that series for...oh...19 years. :lol:

Pity she peaked around The Mammoth Hunters. (If not in the one before.) (I'll still read it though.)

--A

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:00 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:52 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
Valley of Horses is definitely my favorite in the series.
I love how Ayla learns to fend for herself, domesticates her horse, raises the wolf pup...
...while at the same time we meet Jondular and his brother and start learning about the cro-magnon people rather than the neanderthal.

Auel does a fantastic job of showing the richness of both societies and culture between the first and second book.

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:14 pm 
The UnTitled

Yeah. After that it all got sorta forumlaic. (Haven't we had this discussion before?)

--A

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:38 pm 
Master Pilot

Probably. :lol:

That said, I'll likely read the new one too. Might as well finish the series...

My books:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:58 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
Definitely will read the last one.
Although I predict Ayla will become the new Zeladonii and make incredible advances in the Zeladoni's culture and technology... ;)

Will have to wait until my library gets it in though. I wonder if it will be available to reserve this early yet.

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:17 pm 
The UnTitled

Don't forget her kids have to kill each other or something.

--A

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:56 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:47 pm 
Master Pilot

You guys remember *way* more about this series than I do! :lol:

My books:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:05 pm 
The UnTitled

Oh, I've read it a few times, as is my wont. :D

--A

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:49 am 
Lady Scryer

I have read the first three many times and the fourth only a couple. Do not know if I can make it through the latest book ever again. :? All of those pages of repetitive introductions... :?

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:37 am 
The UnTitled

Agreed. I might read the first two again sometime though. 4 was the worst.

--A

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:38 pm 
Lady Scryer

New Patiricia McKillip! The Bards of Bone Plain. 8)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:55 am 
Master Pilot

Ooooooooh. Must look for!

My books:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:23 am 
Lady Scryer

New Robin McKinley - Pegasus. :D

Image Image Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next