Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 797 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 54  Next
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 4:02 am 
Master Pilot

Also check out Stephen Erikson's works!@!! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

Post subject: Re: What Fantasy r u reading right now?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 6:58 am 
Master Pilot

I checked out a bit of it at Borders tonight (a prelude and a prologue?) up to the first chapter. The Waterborn books were pretty good, and this one looks promising as well. What I read appears much better than the dustjacket would have you believe (who the hell writes those things, and why can't I have that job?). I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within my shadow. Change is coming. Now is my time. Listen to my muscle memory. Contemplate what I've been clinging to. -Tool, "Forty-Six & Two"<i></i>

Post subject: Re: I'm reading...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:21 am 
Master Pilot

I've started Unfinished Tales. Right now I'm reading the story of Túrin - poor guy had a pretty awful life... :(

The tales I'm most looking forward to, though, are the ones about the Third Age. More about the Fellowship...whee!

~Foamy~ <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:38 pm 
MOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I just finished The Lord of the Rings and I'm now reading the Sil. It's my baby brother's copy, he finished it so he lent it to me. He's reading the Lord of the Rings for the fifith or so time. My mom got me a couple more history books, and I'm reading those, too. And my dad got me a star atlas, and I've been looking at that. But most of my time goes to school and weight training and wrestling practice. I think this summer I'm going to start running. the cross country team has been trying to recruit me for next fall, but I might do soccer again instead. I'll have to try running some 5K races and see how they go this summer. And may the best wrestler win!<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:24 pm 
Master Pilot

Your brother must be a good reader, 'cause I've never gotten around to reading LOTR a second time! Or reading the Silamrillion all the way through! Maybe it's just cause I haven't felt like it.. He whose desires have been throttled,
who is independent of root,
whose pasture is emptiness-
signless and free-
his path is as unknowable
as the of birds across the heavens.
Dhammapada (93)

Further up, and further in! <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 2:23 am 
Master Pilot

The Silmarillion ruined me for LOTR. It took me a couple of tries, but since I've finished it, I have no desire to re-read LOTR. Maybe a couple years after the last movie comes out I might try it again.
I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within my shadow. Change is coming. Now is my time. Listen to my muscle memory. Contemplate what I've been clinging to. -Tool, "Forty-Six & Two"<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 7:16 pm 
Lady Scryer

The Sil is a dense book! Any number of the individual stories in it could easily be full fledged novels in their own right if padded out a bit! My little son Mr. Sunshine (and bigredbulldog's baby brother) found it hard going, but he did finish it. He says he'll try it again "when I'm a teenager."
At the moment other than group reads and Sandman 1:Preludes and Nocturnes I am actually not reading any fantasy. That is a first for me in a long time!
I am actually a bit worried with the group reads. I don't know if I can keep up with all of them right now... I guess I can skip a week here or there if it comes down to that, though... Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:27 pm 
Lady Scryer

Today I started reading C.S. Lewis's Till We Have faces. Pretty good so far!

And, Oh, MsMary, I have picked up your beloved Nix and Pullman, though I have no idea when I'll have time to read them! The great big pile of books to read/reread can now be measured in feet! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i>Edited by: Duchess of Malfi  at: 3/19/03 2:29:54 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:11 am 
Lady Scryer

I've been reading David Brin's Glory Season, which was highly recommneded to me by both Danlo and Zahir, and I am highly enjoying it.
Next up: Amber! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:06 am 
Lady Scryer

Well, I've gotten up to book 3 (of 10) in the Chronicles of Amber. My older son is rereading his beloved Harry Potter and my younger son is rereading his beloved Lord of the Rings. My husband is reading a history book, which he loves! Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:04 am 
Master Pilot

Seeing since my copy of the Illearth War has ran away, I'm reading the Phantom of the Opera. I'm considering reading the Wheel of Time series. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:24 pm 
Master Pilot

Read Nine Princes in Amber!! Further up, and further in! <i></i>

Post subject: ??????
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 3:58 am 
Master Pilot

I can't find it in the library or the Book Cellar or the other stores. I'm reading TPTP. I started 2 hours ago and am almost done. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 4:32 am 
Master Pilot

Done with TPTP. Beginning All the Weyrs of Pern. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:45 pm 
Master Pilot

I picked up Preistess of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley last night, and am a little more than halfway through it. Too bad I have to do continuing ed today instead of reading for pleasure.

~MsMary~ "Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"<i></i>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 797 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 54  Next