Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:24 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 797 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 54  Next
 Post subject: Re: What am I reading?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 6:28 am 
Lady Scryer

Tailchaser's Song was fun!
I'm going to indulge in a little sf next, about halfway into C.S. Lewis's Silent Planet. But then I think I'll do the Dragonbone Chair by Tad Williams. Winter is Coming
Blood and Fire
Unbowed,Unbent,Unbroken<i></i>

Post subject: Re: whats this fantasy book?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:03 pm 
Pilot

Book of Abarat -Clive Barker
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 10:23 pm 
Master Pilot

The Chronicles of Amber, in the Great Book of Amber! Wicked cool!! Further up, and further in!<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 10:55 pm 
Master Pilot

Right now Im on Blood of Amber! Making progress... Hello, and good-bye, as always.

Further up, and further in<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:09 pm 
Lady Scryer

You're cruising! Isn't that Book 7? You and Wolflord should get together -- didn't he say he was reading that very same book right now?
Well, I finished Lewis's Space Trilogy and am now reading a Terry Pratchett book called The Truth. I feel in need of something light and fun.
When this is done, I will try The Dragonbone Chair while I'm on jury duty next week.
When Amazon ships my books:"> I'll start Zindell!
After that I think I'll reread Earthsea or Riddlemaster of Hed.
Maybe both.
And hopefully by then Martin's next book will be out! Yay!!! Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:26 pm 
Master Pilot

A Feast for Crows isn't out yet!?? They'r already hawking it on lots of websites...Almost done with A Clash of Kings and dying 2 start A Storm of Swords. Once ur'e hooked on Martin nothing stands in ur way! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:35 pm 
Lady Scryer

Well, if you check out Martin's website, he's not even done writing it yet! He's sort of laughing at all the internet booksellers who have a pagecount and release date, when the author doesn't have a pagecount and isn't done writing!

But there is some good news -- besides Feast for Crows, another Dunk & Egg story will supposedly be released sometime this year! In the Legends 2 anthology.

And Zindell's next book, too, but they supposedly have changed its name. Can't remember what the new name is. But it's #2 in a series...they're talking about it on Other Authors forum at ASOIAF.

And of course, Dan Simmons will finally return to science fiction after his forays into horror, crime, and thrillers. Can't wait to get my hands on his new one! Since his inspiration for the Hyperion books were the Canterbury Tales and English Romantic poetry, can't wait to see what he comes up with from the Iliad! Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 5:26 am 
Master Pilot

Well, I just found out the paperback version of A Storm of Swords isn't coming out till March! So I think I will fall in2 Lord of Light, Nights in Rodanthe and Fall of Hyperion btween now and then. Note--I did search for Erikson and Burst--couldn't find any Erickson and wasn't in the mood 4 Angelic Armageddon. so it looks like Lord of Light 4 now. See u, shortly, in FTZelazny! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:18 pm 
Lady Scryer

Lord of Light -- another good book I'll have to put on my reread list!
Mhoram -- I betcha you'd like that one, too! Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:35 pm 
Master Pilot

I have it, havent gotten around to reading it... Hello, and good-bye, as always.

Further up, and further in<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:12 am 
Master Pilot

Well, I plan on reading Lord of Light, quickly. Once I'm finished w/Clash but hell I was looking 4 a paperback (since my collection is nothing but paperbacks) ASOS! Am I dumb, or what! The paperback doesn't come out till March! Curse it anyway! I'll break down and buy the hardbound ASOS, what a bother! Then I'll have 2 run up 2 Santa Fe and have ol' George sign it! A first time 4 everything... And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:19 am 
Lady Scryer

Borders also carries it in trade paperback... Might save a few bucks that way. Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:53 am 
Master Pilot

thanks M'Lady will do! And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:39 pm 
Pilot

We have paperbacks of all the released ASOIAF books in the U.K, isn't it weird that you don't have A Storm of Swords in Paperback and Martin is an American author???

Can't wait for A Feast of Crows, best Fantasy since SRD, different but very,very good.

Can you guys order on Amazon.co.uk?? <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:45 pm 
Pilot

Just had a quick look on Amazon.co.uk, A storm of swords is split into two parts in Paperback, each are about £5.50 each. I have the Hardback first issue and someone is selling it for £52 WOW!!! <i></i>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 797 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 54  Next