[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - What Fantasy are you reading right now?

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 797 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 54  Next
 Post subject: Re: What Fantasy are you reading right now?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:12 pm 
The UnTitled

Swords Against Wizardry, the last of my newly acquired Fritz Lieber books.

--A

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:07 pm 
Lady Scryer

I have been reading some werewolf urban fantasy lately...Kitty goes to War by Carrie Vaughn and Frostbitten by Kelley Armstrong. I really enjoy the Kitty series in particular.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:05 pm 
The UnTitled

Pratchett's The Last Continent. The God of Evolution rocks. :D

--A

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:14 am 
Lady Scryer

The Iron Hunt by Marjorie Liu. Really weird urban fantasy featuring a main character who is a symbiont of sorts with a bunch of little demons. During the day they sleep on her skin in the form of tattoos. At night they spring into 3-D life...sort of enjoying it so far. We'll see.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:57 pm 
The UnTitled

Got the new Pratchett, Unseen Academicals as a belated birthday present from my boss. Reading it now.

--A

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:46 pm 
The UnTitled

Moving Pictures

--A

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:01 am 
Lady Scryer

A sort of weird (but good so far) stand alone by Carrie Vaughn called Discord's Apple. As the modern world seems to be building up to the apocalypse, a woman goes home to a dying Colorado town in the Great Plains to take care of her dying father. Turns out her family is in hereditary and mystical charge of a store room of all sorts of powerful supernatural objects from fairy tales, myths, and legends. And with the coming death of the world gods and other legendary figures are starting to converge on the family home...

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:48 pm 
The Timekeeper

Half way through The Warrior Prophet Great stuff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:57 pm 
Master Pilot

My books:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:45 am 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:15 pm 
Master Pilot

Hmm. I'm not a huge fan of urban fantasy in general. But I might read a series set in Denver. 8)

My books:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:14 pm 
Blood Tea Chugger

I'm getting near the end of 'Under Red Seas and Red Skies' by Scott Lynch. I'm loving it; I like it better than the first book. But I wish I hadn't just committed myself to a 7 book series that's going to take 20 more years to be finished.

Danlo felt the growling emptiness of his belly and the terrible screaming hunger of every cell of his body. He remembered a word, then, waashkelay, which meant simply "meat hunger." He realized that on some deep level, the grains and pulses and other vegetable foods that he had eaten for so many years had never truly satisfied him. Always, buried in the tissues of his heart and belly, there had burned a deep desire to consume the meat of another animal and to taste the marvelous tang of blood once more. War in Heaven, p. 387.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:46 am 
The Timekeeper

Sounds cool! Maybe I'll have to sneak that in between The Thousandfold Thought and some book by a guy we like called Against All Things Ending. :sneak:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:57 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:22 pm 
The Timekeeper

The Warrior Prophet is a little choppy and weird near the end but I see what he's doing-----Reminds me of Zindell's Ea Cycle in that way .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 797 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 54  Next