[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - HP7- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:14 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
I know, I know...some loving mother, huh?

He was so mad I didn't arrange to ship him a copy at camp, like I did the first year he went when this (which contains a picture of Beorn at nine years old) about OotP coming out was published . But, I also remember being told he refused to do any activities once the book arrived until he finished it.

Sorry kiddo...no can do. Not at the price this camp costs to send you...

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:19 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:23 pm 

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:02 am 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:48 am 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

Post subject: Hope you'll don't consider this OFF TOPIC
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:36 pm 
Master Pilot

As some of you already know, my history with the series is problematic, seen all ther movies (not OotP, yet) read none of the books.

Kieth Olberman, MSNBC Countdown anchor, is apparently an avid reader of the series. Last night at the conclusion of Countdown, Olberman was life at the section of NY that had been converted to Hogsmeade for the HP7 release. Very cool.

A few weeks ago Olberman had his own speculation on Countdown regarding how the series might end. Speculation follows: Snape has got the position he's always wanted instructor of DADA, dark wizards can divide their souls and store them in horcrux and Voldemort has six horcrux, a horcrux can be ANYTHING, Harrry's scar is so obviously conneccted to Voldemort, during a final battle with Voldemort all his horcrux are destroyed save a final one, and since the final one is part of Harry then Harry must die to visit final destruction on Voldemort, enter Snape master of DADA who's found a spell to remove and destroy the final horcrux with out killing Harry; however, the cost of doing such a spell is Harry's magic. So there's dramatic tension, and great scarifice by the hero without death. With my limited knowledge IMO that is not so bad for a guy who used to do sports on ESPN.

W/T are forever

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:08 pm 
Master Pilot

Close, but no cigar.

I just finished the book. Won't spoil anything, but I will say that the book is actually pretty good (those who have only read the first two might be surprised). I'm actually a little surprised at how well the character of Voldemort is fleshed out in this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:51 pm 

Alan, I did not read your spoiler over on the Watch. But you're still driving me crazy with your comments. Can't wait to go get my own copy once Paul gets home...

I'm glad you enjoyed it though.

~Avatar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:08 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:16 am 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:13 pm 
Master Pilot

one word...

Brilliant!!! :D :D :D

Jo ended it beautifully!! Kudos to her!! A master storyteller!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:06 pm 
Lady Scryer

If I had a couple of wishes about the book:

(minor quibbles, only mild spoilers, which I am whiting out)

[spoiler]

I wish the epilogue could have been fleshed out a bit more - it was cool seeing some of the characters married with kids, but I wish I could have known more about those characters' further education and careers.

And - I wish she had said exactly what happened to Dumbledore's sister when she was attacked (or whatever). I keep envisioning some pretty awful things like a gang rape/sodomy on a little kid. It had to be bad, as couldn't they otherwise just cast a spell for her to forget it? And I think the awful things I am imagining might be worse than what she was implying happened. :?

On the other hand, I LOVED kickass Neville - and how the sorting hat brought Griffindor's sword to him, as it does to true born Griffindor heroes in need. Just like it did for Harry in book two. 8)

[/spoiler]

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:51 am 
Master Pilot

On the Today show she told Meredith Viera that there will be a Harry Potter Enclycopedia in a couple of years. And that will give back stories and "future" stories of all the main characters... occupations, marriages, children...etc.

[spoiler]I thought the Epilogue was perfect!!! I wonder if little James' middle name is Sirius :-)[/spoiler]

[spoiler]The way the final confrontation between Harry and Voldie was just PERFECT!!! And Harry didn't have to use Avada Kedavra...which I was so afraid he would have too...but Exspelliarmus, his "signature" spell! I thought that was FANTASTIC!![/spoiler]

[spoiler]The Prince's Tale was absolutely wonderful and sad. I must admit...I thought Snape was evil all the way up to that point!!! I really thought he was Voldie's servant all along. I bawled when I saw the memories, and realized what a sad and tragic life Snape really had.[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:55 am 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:08 am 

Finally finished!!

~Avatar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next