[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - R. Scott Bakker (only minor spoilers, please)

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:17 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: R. Scott Bakker (only minor spoilers, please)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:29 pm 
Master Pilot

Finally bought TTT yesterday. ________________
I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within my shadow. Change is coming. Now is my time. Listen to my muscle memory. Contemplate what I've been clinging to. -Tool, "Forty-Six & Two" <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:41 pm 
Lady Scryer

Yay! I am looking forward to discussing it with you! ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:24 pm 
Pilot

Discuss! The Bodhisattva

Fantasybookspot.com

My interview this week: Kelly Link
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:12 pm 
Lady Scryer

Would love to, but am waiting for Syl to finish...

I guess I can say without major spoilers that I loved the way that the ending with Acha circled back around to the beginning, only with a major difference.

The one sour note in the book for me was what happened to Conphas...I do not find that a realistic reaction (on Conphas's part) to what happened, going by the aftermath a couple of my friends faced after that...of course, Conphas does have emotional issues, but still... ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:02 pm 
Pilot

I think your question was answered at another board, Conphas is an exceptional case, in terms of who he is and his ability to be humiliated, and his perception of it. I hate to group other people as 'average' (afterall who is truly ordinary)?, but Conphas's personality is almost as one of a kind as Kelhuss. Thats why it never struck me as odd.

The Bodhisattva

Fantasybookspot.com

My interview this week: Kelly Link
<i></i>

Post subject: R. ScottBakker (minor spoilers only, please)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:38 am 
Lady Scryer

I know that there is an actual type of mental illness where someone has a hugely overinflated sense of personal worth...what is that term? Megalamania? Monomania? It would not surpise me if Conphas has that...

Well, the three generations we see of the Imperial family are all very odd to say the least. <i></i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:22 am 
Lady Scryer

BOOK ONE OF THE ASPECT EMPEROR IS COMING ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

The British release date will be March of 2008. No word yet on American or Canadian release dates.

Thankfully, that listing only has minor spoilers. :)

We are talking true lust here on my part - I want this book as much I want Fatal Revenant or A Dance With Dragons!

I drool! Image Yes, I drool my precious!!!! Image

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:51 pm 
Master Pilot

Very cool. Though I thought Neuropath was supposed to be published first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:02 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:13 pm 
Master Pilot

There are rumours of things going on with Neuropath. There is apparently a good possibility of Scott getting a movie deal out of the book, and they seem to be keeping things quiet while everything gets sorted out. If it really is happening, I expect the publication will take longer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:15 pm 
Lady Scryer

OK, latest news seems to be a spring 2008 release in the UK for The Great Ordeal, with a US release to follow a couple/a few months later in the summer. :razz:

Neuropath, the science fiction novel, is to have a mid-May release in the UK, no North American release is currently scheduled. :cry:

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:43 am 
Lady Scryer

Latest news (or at least what I've been hearing in internet gossip):

The Great Ordeal will now be titled The Judging Eye and it sounds like a very late 2008 or more likely an early 2009 release.

Neuropath is a spring release in Britain, and Bakker does supposedly have a US published now, though Amazon still does not have it listed. :?

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:01 pm 
Lady Scryer

The Judging Eye will be coming out in early January 2009 in the US!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sky: :sky: :sky: :sky: :sky: :sky: :sky: :sky: :sky: :sky: :sky: :sky:

Also, supposedly Tor has finally picked up Neuropath and it will supposedly eventually be coming out in the US. 8)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:51 am 
Lady Scryer

:sky: :sky: :sky: :sky: :sky: :sky: :sky: :sky: :sky: :sky:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:05 am 
Lady Scryer

First review of the book is up:

And it sounds like the reviewer loved it. :) 8)

Image Image Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next