[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Harry Potter (no Deathly Hallows Spoilers)

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 am

All times are UTC

which harry potter books do you like best?
sorcerer's stone 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
chamber of secrets 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
prisoner of azkaban 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
goblet of fire 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
order of the phoenix 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
half blood prince 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
deathly hallows 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3
 Post subject: Harry Potter (no Deathly Hallows Spoilers)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:02 am 
Lady Scryer

This is one of the threads that was eaten in the hacker attack.

It is for the discussion of J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter series, with the exception of spoilers for the sixth book, which was just released less than a week ago. I will also start a thread for that, marked for spoilers.

The poll question is:

Which of the first five books do you like the best?

For me it is the third, Prisoner of Azkaban. That seemed to be where Rowling took a delicious turn towards the dark. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's StoneHarry Potter and the Chamber of SecretsHarry Potter and the Prisoner of AzkabanHarry Potter and the Goblet of FireHarry Potter and the Order of the PhoenixShow results ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell

edited: updated so no spoilers for the latest release, deathly hallows :)

Last edited by Duchess of Malfi on Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Harry Potter (no Half-Blood Prince Spoilers)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:14 am 
Master Pilot

I loved The Prisoner of Azkaban, too. But I voted for Order of the Phoenix, cause it so jam-packed with information and great moments (like Fred and George creating that swamp and then flying off to start a joke shop), and Neville finally coming into his own. "Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:40 am 
Lady Scryer

Ah -- Fred and George!!! I cannot tell you how many times I have wanted to pull a Weasley. ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:54 am 
Master Pilot

Speaking of spoilers, Orson Scott Card wrote an interesting review of The Half-Blood Prince.

You can find it here:

"Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"<i></i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:30 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
If anyone here is interested, we are beginning a dissection of HP:SS/PS in the JK Rowling forum of the Watch, at least until someone complains about it and we move the whole thing over here to the Hangar.

Chapter sign-ups are at

I hope to see you there!

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:59 pm 
Lady Scryer

I'm glad you bumped this up. I will try to fix the old poll as soon as I get the time. :) I guess I should change the title of the thread as well, perhaps? :?

Good luck with the group read - I am sure you guys will have a lot of fun with it. :)

And I hope no one over there complains or gets pissy, as it would be weird for the participants if the read has to be moved to another board half way through. :?

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:25 am 
The UnTitled

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:42 am 

Duchess, did you set a time limit for the poll? I really want to reread the entire series before I choose.

Going off of memory, I think I'm torn between GoF and OotP. I still remember how unable I was to put GoF down, once Harry and Cedric both grabbed the goblet in the maze. But, the emotional roller-coaster ride of OotP still stays with me.

And who knows? I may just change my mind upon reread.

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:32 pm 
Lady Scryer

I set it up to be an open poll. :)

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:07 pm 

The dissection of SS/PS will begin soon on the Watch. Of the seventeen chapters in Hogwarts: Year One, we still have five open to be dissected.

Come one, come all!! :D

~Avatar