[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Anne McCaffrey's Wonderful Dragons

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anne McCaffrey's Wonderful Dragons
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:12 pm 
The UnTitled

Yeah, those are the ones.

They're also prequeled by To Ride Pegasus, Pegasus in FLight and Pegasus in Space, the last two chronical the early years of Peter Reidinger, later the legendary Earth Prime.

--A

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:45 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
has announced Anne will be a guest again this year. IIRC, she didn't go last year due to illness or frailty, or something.

I really, really want to hear her speak, at least once...

Passes for the con, scheduled for Labor Day weekend are currently on sale for $65. As the con gets closer they go up in price until the retail at-the-door price of $90 after mid-July. I am debating buying a pass now, even if I wind up not being able to go. I have the money to do so now, and will save overall if I do go. Who knows if I would have $90 for admittance at the time of the con itself?

Anyone else interested in going? If I go on my own, most likely I'll plan on crashing in the video rooms overnight. I've done that before years ago at other cons I attended. But I would much prefer splitting costs on accomodations somewhere with someone.

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:12 pm 
Lady Scryer

Unfortunately, I am scheduled to work for part of that weekend (they give us the holiday schedule at the beginning of the year so I already know I am down to work Labor Day). Sounds like fun, and I am sure you would be a very great person to hang out with at something like that! if you do go, be sure to tell us about it! 8)

And let me know if Laurell K. Hamilton's behavior at cons is really as bad as rumored (she is supposedly blackballed at some of them). For example, she supposedly has her bodyguards clear out the woman's rest room so she can go in and have a private pee - no matter how long the line might be. :shock: :roll: :razz:

Unlike LKH, I am sure that Anne would be wonderful and a true lady. :cloud:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:26 pm 
Lady Scryer

Well, looks like in November, 2008 there will be another Anne and Todd collaboration. This one is called Dragonheart, and the cover at least is beautiful - looks like a gold and a bronze in a mating flight... 8)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:22 am 

hoping...hoping...hoping...

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:14 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:31 pm 

~Avatar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:50 pm 

*sorry for the double post*

Beorn just brought home the second and third in the Acorna's Children series, Second Wave and Third Watch from the library. So, I have some light reading to do this weekend... :)

~Avatar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:30 am 
Lady Scryer

the double post was fine. :)

I have been having a craving to reread the Crsytal Singer books lately. I think I might give them a read after I finish up Elric. 8)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:21 pm 
The UnTitled

One of my favourite McCaffrey story-lines. :D

--A

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:39 pm 

The series of emails I exchanged with Anne years ago (I think Beorn was...two?) was regarding the Crystal Singer series...

~Avatar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:54 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:59 am 

Oh...I'll read it.
I'll probably kick myself for doing so every minute...
...but I'll read it.

~Avatar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:37 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:20 pm 

~Avatar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next