Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: finished AA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:26 am 
Pilot

You should still read the liveship traders series before you read the first series. It explains a few things in the final series. Vote in the Fantasy Author Showdown<i></i>

Post subject: Re: finished AA
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:56 am 
Lady Scryer

I was VERY impressed with her short story in Legends II. I think after I am done with my Donaldson Mordant's Need reread, I will have to give Assassin's Apprentice a try. ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>

Post subject: Robin Hobb's Farseer Trilogy
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:52 pm 
Lady Scryer

Well, I got the two first books in Robin Hobb's Farseer Trilogy done this weekend, and got a bit of a start on the third book.
She is very good at writing characters, and making them realistic enough that you can have strong feeling about them as a reader. It is very easy to really like characters like Prince Verity and his wife, very easy to hate characters like Price Regal...
But she is VERY hard on her characters...much harder than even George RR Martin or Greg Keyes...so there is a lot of angst and pain in these books... <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Robin Hobb's Farseer Trilogy
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:47 am 
Lady Scryer

I greatly enjoyed the first two books of the trilogy, but seem to be a bit bogged down in the third. Right now it seems to me as if poor Fitz has been on the road and frightened and uncomfortable for hundreds of pages now...
It probably doesn't help that my head is all stuffed up from a cold while trying to read it, either. All of those brutal winter scenes in the muntains are a bit much, looking out my window at all of the snow and ice, and blowing my nose every few minutes. ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>