[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Wheel of Time to be finished...by Brandon Sanderson

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wheel of Time to be finished...by Brandon Sanderson
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:36 pm 
The UnTitled

Bah!!! Do they do it deliberately? At least Jordan swore that it would be one book...even if it needed two people to carry it. (Which I'd prefer...just want it over. Anyway...only have enough space on my shelf for one more....(the series takes up one whole shelf on one of my shelves I mean. :D (With Tigana temporarily filling the gap where I figured the last one would fit.)

--A

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:26 pm 
Lady Scryer

It sounds like Sanderson would prefer it to be one book, but the publisher might be forced to turn it into two? :? What he has is already lobger than many books, with months of work left to do. :?

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:15 pm 
Master Pilot

I be quiet happy with 2 books but would settle for the one once not too much was lost, Id sooner everything that Jordon wanted written be written :mrgreen: all story threads tied off nicely.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:54 pm 
Lady Scryer

Yes, I too would just like to see the story finished. :)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:36 pm 
The UnTitled

Me too. Anyway, Jordan also said some threads wouldn't be tied up. (Which annoyed me.)

--A

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:47 pm 
Lady Scryer

Another blog entry from Sanderson, saying work is going well on the book. :) As he nears the end, more and more of the work was already either actually written by Jordan or was extensively outlined by him, either verbally or in writing, which obviously makes things go a lot faster. Sanderson has written about 350,000 words in the rough draft, with an estimated 50,000 or a bit less to go.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:43 am 
Lady Scryer

Word has it that Tor will definately be splitting this puppy in half - the expected combined length will be at about 750,000 words (or more than 2000 pages in MMPB with small font). Tor has a release date of November 3, 2009 for the first half. :shock:

(Though we Martin fans know that release dates from publishers mean nothing. :razz: )

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:46 pm 
Master Pilot

I,ll be happy with 2 books by Sanderson mind you November is along way off. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:22 am 
Lady Scryer

I should add that Tor is the US publisher of Wheel of Time - I have no idea what other publishers in other countries will do. I would think that there would be problems binding a mass market paperback of that length, though? :?:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:07 am 
The UnTitled

Well, I just finished my umpteenth re-read of the series, so the sooner the better. Not exactly surprised at the decision to split it...suspected from the instant I read bk 11 that there was still too much to happen in just 1 book. Disappointed though...bastards...now I have to buy 2 books, not one. (See all mine are published by Orbit, but have no doubt everybody will uphold the split. :( )

--A

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:00 pm 
Master Pilot

Mine are published by Orbit as well.
One of the threads in the book I would like to see continued and finished would be the rescue of Moiraine from where ever she is trapped. Can,t remember the detail cause I havent read the books in a while. She is one of my favorite characters and she has a major link with Rand and of course her association with Thom Her lover to be .

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:24 pm 
Lady Scryer

Isn't she off trapped in Finn-land? Or was it Arch-Land?

I think I will have to start a reread before I tackle the final book/s. I might wait until the November release, and find out when the very last part is being released before I start the reread, though. Just to make sure everything is as fresh as possible. :?

It has just been too long, especially for the earlier books in the series. :?

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:33 pm 
Master Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:18 pm 
The UnTitled

Since I've just reread the whole series (for the i don't know how many timeth :lol: )

She fought Lanfear in Bk 5 and pushed her through the twisted redstone doorway that gave into the land of either the Eelfin or the Aelfin, (I can never remember which are the snakes and which the foxes, but it was the fox-guys).

--A

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:02 pm 
Master Pilot

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next