[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Wheel of Time to be finished...by Brandon Sanderson

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wheel of Time to be finished...by Brandon Sanderson
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:56 am 
The UnTitled

Nah, the letter Moiraine left Tom said that if Mat didn't go, she'd die. (Information we can assume she gained by passing through the silver rings in Rhuidean.)

--A

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:17 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:50 am 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
I haven't read this series, but I've seen wayfriend's in Flicks on the Watch about The Wheel of Time being optioned. Unless that has already been mentioned on these Dragonmount and Tor.com sites, I assume that announcement is what he is hinting at in his final sentence.

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:11 pm 
Lady Scryer

Actually, I think it might be the official announcement that the book is being formally split into two books. :) Notice in his blog entry, he does act as if the split is a done deal (and given its 750,000 word expected length, who could argue with that?) but I do not think that the two books rather than one is "official" yet. :)

Of course, it might the movie, too.

We will have to wait and see - might even be both. :lol:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:42 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:29 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:23 pm 
Master Pilot

It's not greed, it's about Sanderson choosing to write the book long, the publisher wanting to keep a promise of having something out this year, and the publishers worrying that bookstores just don't like long books filling up shelves these days.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:02 pm 
Master Pilot

I,m quiet happy to have to read more than 1 book on the Wheel of Time finale series , the sooner the better is what I say . Its a pity we have to wait till November , but it might give me time to reread the whole series . :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:41 am 
Lady Scryer

I'll admit that I am disgusted enough by the three book split that I will probably be buying used rather than new, provided that the reviews are generally positive. If the reviews are generally negative - if most readers clain that Sanderson and Jordan's styles clash terribly rather than mesh, or Sanderson loses control of the story (and the ever growing estimate of how long the book/s will be is a possible sign of trouble in that direction) and really drags things out ala COT - I might decide to just get my closure on the story via internet spoilers. :?

You see, among other things, I am not sure I trust the "three more books and the story will be finished" thing. It seems like we have heard that one quite a few times before with this particular series. :razz:

At least the fugly cover is gone. :D 8) The new real cover is actually similar, but Rand's legs are not all out of proportion and perspective like they were in the proto cover on the European sites.

That, at least is a huge relief. :sky:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:04 am 
The UnTitled

*shrug* I always said there was too much left over for just one book. Three seems to be pushing it, but that was a good justification Murrin linked to. :D

--A

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:58 pm 
Lady Scryer

And the first one is now listed at Amazon with a November release date:

This is one expensive puppy, too! :razz: Usually they have heavy discounts on new hardcover bestsellers, so hopefully the price will come down somewhat for those who do wish to purchase it new~ :?

And it looks like it is coming at at a bit under 700 pages, for those keeping track... :?

No cover or synopsis yet... :|

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:08 am 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:14 pm 
The UnTitled

I really hope this isn't a CoT reprise...hundreds of pages where nothing really happens...

--A

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:47 pm 
Master Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:46 pm 
Lady Scryer

I am hoping the same thing. And I am dreading plot creep, which is why I will be waiting to see customer reviews at Amazon before deciding whether or not to read it. :?

If he finishes up most of the Egwene subplot, which has been dragging on forever, right in the first book, that would be a very good sign, no? :? :)

And that would leave the Elayne subplot - Tuon and Mat - the rescue subplot (which is the one that probably interests me the most) involving Mat - and the final battle, which would probably take up the whole last book or thereabouts? Seemed like the horribly dragging Faile subplot got mostly resolved in the last book, so hopefully no revisits to that. But then you have all of those minor subplots, seemingly hundreds of them. And perhaps a lot of the loose threads involving Rand might get resolved in the first book as well?

So Rand and Egwene in the first book? perhaps Mat and Elayne in the second, along with any other loose threads he can finish up? final battle in the third? :?

Image Image Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next