Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Timothy Zahn
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 9:26 pm 
Master Pilot

Who is Timothy Zahn? Timothy Zahn is a Hugo and Nebula award-winning Sci/Fi author whos works include the Blackcollar books, Cascade Point, the Cobra books, the Thrawn SW Trilogy, the Hand of Thrawn books, Warhorse and more. Anyone here read any of these books? <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Timothy Zahn
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 7:58 pm 
Master Pilot

So, I take it no one here has read Zahn? Your affectionate uncle Screwtape<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:55 pm 
Master Pilot

b patient Lord Master Pilot! I have been trying like hellfire 2 lure Zindell fans here 4 6 months and only got a few nibbles--but I kno the word will eventually get out! The stone will bcome the Juggernaut! It will all fall in2 place in time..."The sleeper must awaken!" Use this emoticon if u have 2, it helps me @ least: : symbolizes "Keep the Faith!" The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 11:06 pm 
Master Pilot

I found an interesting tidbit of Zahn u might b interested in @ All Sci/Fi.com: My Zahn forum at pub15.ezboard.com/bhyena has a mailing address for Timothy Zahn in the announcements forum.
There's also quite a cool mini-Zahn disc. going on @ All SF

If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 8:41 pm 
Master Pilot

I think Ive been to that board before... Never did He make two things the same; never did He utter one word twice. After earths, not better earths but beasts; after beasts not better beasts, but spirits. After a falling, not a recovery, but a new creation, not a third but the mode of change itself is changed forever. Blessed be He!<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 8:54 pm 
Master Pilot

I haven't even seen "Clones" yet--I better go rent that as soon as it comes out! Or is it already out?
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 5:38 pm 
Master Pilot

*Cough* Ah....if I were you, Timekeeper, I wouldnt even bother getting Attack of the Clones. This new SW stuff looks like crap. Most of the SW novles are crap, too...except Zahn's stuff of course. Never did He make two things the same; never did He utter one word twice. After earths, not better earths but beasts; after beasts not better beasts, but spirits. After a falling, not a recovery, but a new creation, not a third but the mode of change itself is changed forever. Blessed be He!<i></i>

Post subject: BLACKCOLLAR SERIES
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:49 pm 
Pilot

WHEN WILL MORE BLACKCOLLAR BOOKS BE WRITTERN <i></i>

Post subject: Re: BLACKCOLLAR SERIES
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:26 pm 
Master Pilot

Are those books good? I've heard of them, Zahn's big series, right? He whose desires have been throttled,
who is independent of root,
whose pasture is emptiness-
signless and free-
his path is as unknowable
as the of birds across the heavens.
Dhammapada (93)

Further up, and further in! <i></i>

Post subject: Thrawn
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:59 am 
Master Pilot

His SW books are EXCELLENT!!! Thrawn is about the most amazing character around! Zahn's idea about art is one of the coolest ideas ever! And then there's the Noghri. No surprise that I like them, considering my sig. I've read a handful of SW books, and, imho, nothing else comes close to these. Fist and Faith<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:40 am 
Master Pilot

Isn't Thrawn awesome? BTW, I liked Pellaeon more! Further up, and further in! <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:35 am 
Master Pilot

He was definitely cool too. Can't help but feel sorry for him though. Smart, competent, doing his best, but doomed to fail simply because he's in a book where the good guys will win. Of course, same holds for Thrawn, who I liked better But I think Thrawn, Pellaeon, and the Noghri were well more than a match for Han, Lando, and Luke. Puh-lease!! Fist and Faith<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 6:57 pm 
Master Pilot

Did you read the two sequels where Pellaeon was Admiral? Further up, and further in! <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:59 am 
Master Pilot

Tiny spoiler. It shouldn't be a surprise anyway, but I'm giving warning.

I read it, but wasn't nearly as impressed. Thrawn, especially his art, was my favorite part of the trilogy. He wasn't, by any means, the only good thing about it, but I missed him too much. Fist and Faith<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 3:16 pm 
Master Pilot

You're right, it wasn't as good, but they were still pretty good, btw Pellaeon's also in a bunch of other books by other authors... Further up, and further in! <i></i>