Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: I knopw I'm a newbie but....
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 10:29 am 
Deus Ex Machina

the background graphic makes it very difficult for me to see the list of messages......what may the odds be of changing it to a less dazzling background?

OK. You may now and me <i></i>

Post subject: Re: I knopw I'm a newbie but....
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 7:32 pm 
Master Pilot

Ok Vaino u got my dander up! I swear, make 3 major fantasy films in NZ and they think they own the world!! What does antipodean mean anyway??? I'm teasing. But u got urself in2 a mess of trubbl anyway. U kno, if u would like 2 become moderator of the 4rum u can provide the color scheme and background of ur choice, hint, hint. Beware me thou! As Duchess can tell u: if u even hint u might b interested The Timekeeper has a way of picking up ur ball and running w/it so fast u'll b quite stunned and breathless in the end.

But I kno u're very busy, so I'll do what I can in the meantime. This is the 3rd Sci-Fi background I've come up w/and the 1st I'm, almost, satisfied w/. I had 2 go thru 3 resolutions 2 make this one fit. The main prob is that I'm scanner-challenged, 4 the time being...What this means is that there is small pool of "free" backgrounds 2 pick and choose from out there. We can hold a contest and mayb 1 of our members will come up w/something great..What I'll do right now is throw a topic background up, just 4 u!

I'm not being facetious--we really do listen 2 our members suggestions here, contrary 2 zillions of other boards out there, a BIG xception being some place called Kevin's Watch--y, I don't kno... (aftermath!). I really like ur NZ accent, btw! Don't think I've ever heard "knopw" b4--"I knepw this Kiwi who walked in2 this bar..." . We will do our best 2 appease u and make ur stay in The Hangar as comfy as possible! . Please make any further suggestions in "How 2 Improve Ahira's Hangar" in Snowy Owl chat, thanks. U'r not a newbie, just an oldbie, who designs great banners and needs 2 post more. Happy New Year, g'day mate--we r xtremly happy u have deigned 2 join us!!!! regards, d And now Danlo looked in that direction, too. He remembered that snowy owls mate in the darkest part of deep winter, and so along with this beautiful white bird perched in a tree a hundred feet away, he turned to face the sea as he watched and waited.

Ahira, Ahira, he called out silently to the sky. Ahira, Ahira<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 1/4/03 8:00:55 am
</i>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 8:24 pm 
Lady Scryer

Indeed, Vain, let me warn you against this guy! He has already made me faint once!
But he IS extremely responsive to his members and is a great guy, as I'm sure you know from Kevinswatch!
Just don't ever mention you like a certain author, or you might come back the next time and find your forum up and running! Winter is Coming
Blood and Fire
Unbowed,Unbent,Unbroken<i></i>

Post subject: newbie??
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:37 am 
Lady Scryer

And Vain, you're anything but a newbie! I'm the newbie!! <i></i>

Post subject: Re: newbie??
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:00 pm 
Deus Ex Machina

Thanks danlo The problem with most graphic backgrounds is that whilst they look good on one PC - it may look bad on another - mostly due to differing screen resolutions etc.

The graphics that work best are the ones that are designed to integrate and repeat flawlessly irrespective of the resolution. I'll keep a lookout for some and let you "knopw" when I have one that might work

As you may have detected, I am hopelessly techie orientated

Alas duchess - amongst these hallowed halls I am but a newbie <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 3:49 pm 
Master Pilot

Non-sense Vain! You are but a familiar aface, just arrived!

The heavy graphics of this site, all in all, work very well on most PCs and servers, or so Ive been told!

We dont necessarily have to get rid of this background, we could always just change the color...Ill check it out. Hello, and good-bye, as always.

Further up, and further in<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 3:55 am 
Deus Ex Machina

The blue backing has fixed the prob The graphic can stay <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:57 pm 
Master Pilot

Hold on a minute!! Are you Vain from KW?

That would make you an old friend, not a newbie.

~MsMary~ "Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 5:44 pm 
Lady Scryer

Yes, it is indeed Vain, DA MAN from Kevinswatch!! Winter is Coming
Blood and Fire
Unbowed,Unbent,Unbroken<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 8:53 pm 
Master Pilot

Vain has finally made his presence known on the Hangar! Hello, and good-bye, as always.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 10:27 am 
Deus Ex Machina

And here I was hoping to go incognito

<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 6:58 pm 
Lady Scryer

I've seen Jay wandering through the Hangar in the middle of the night, too. We've got to get him to start posting!

Am I the only one who's started wondering about each of my fellow newbie members over at Kevinswatch, if one of them is Donaldson? That one post of whether or not he goes there keeps going and going and going and going...Then I'll see something really bright like that new person who just posted in Dissecting the Land and I start to wonder... Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:07 pm 
Master Pilot

Whats his name? Hello, and good-bye, as always.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:27 pm 
Lady Scryer

I think tis Mindspring or something like that. Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 9:36 pm 
Lady Scryer

I went and looked it up for you, Lord Necromancer.
The new person's name is thoughtcube. Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there.~Terry Pratchett<i></i>