[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - End of Frank's series

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: End of Frank's series
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:51 am 
Pilot

Ok,for all of you who have NOT read the final book in the Dune series by Frank Herbert read no further.....Ok you've been warned.....
In the end of Chapter House Dune:
What exacly is the meaning behind the old couple who made the comments in the end?
That has really bugged me for some time now.....Anybody got any clue???? <i></i>

Post subject: Re: End of Frank's series
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:28 am 
Lady Scryer

I remember reading someplace (perhaps on Amazon???) that he wrote that scene in honor of his wife, who had recently passed. The couple in that scene represent himself and his wife.

I do not know if there is any truth at all in what I read. ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>

Post subject: Re:End of Frank's series
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:14 pm 
Pilot

Duchess, I can agree with you there,being rather heart lead myself,it did FEEL like it was a tribute to his wife.I always felt that's what is was,I just wondered if there was some sort of significance to the storyline.*sighs* Then there's always the possibility we may never know..... <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Re:End of Frank's series
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:09 am 
Master Pilot

I have a sneaking suspicion we will know.

MWA HA HA HA HA!!!! ____________
Highdrake's mastery of spells and sorcery was not much greater than his pupil's, but he had clear in his mind the idea of something very much greater, the wholeness of knowledge. And that made him a mage.<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:46 am 
Pilot

Hello,Highdrake!!! You Know that's REALLY evil!!I haven't purchased the latest Dune book yet,meant to do so today,but i got tied up in other junk.....NOW that's driving me mad!!!!!*blows raspberries* I'll get it tomorrow!! <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Re:End of Frank's series
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:04 pm 
Master Pilot

Quote:I'll get it tomorrow!!See that you do! Don't make me come over there and smack you around with Maker Hooks!

BTW, in some places, they call me Fist and Faith. ____________
Highdrake's mastery of spells and sorcery was not much greater than his pupil's, but he had clear in his mind the idea of something very much greater, the wholeness of knowledge. And that made him a mage.<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:56 am 
Pilot

OH! I thought i recognized the wit! Greetings and Salutations once again!!
MAKER HOOKS?!?!? Man that'll be murder on the complexion!!! <i></i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:02 pm 
Pilot

Anyone still interested in the answer to the question?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:05 pm 
Lady Scryer

Sure...though now having read Hunters of Dune I would believe a completely different answer fro mthe "tribute to his wife" one I have been previously told. :) However, I know that since Frank Herbert himself did not write it, Hunters could be considered non-canon.

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:10 am 
The UnTitled

Sure...questions are there to be answered. Actually, I don't remember that scene at all anymore.

--A

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:23 pm 
Pilot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:18 am 
The UnTitled

Good post. :D

That's why I'm in no hurry to read the "next" two books. The series ended where it ended. When I eventually get round to them and the prequels, they won't be part of the series...they'll be interesting side-lines.

--A