Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 1:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: New Mod
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:02 am 
The UnTitled

Howzit folks. As you may have noticed, the Lord Timekeeper in his infinite wisdom has granted me the signal honour of becoming the moderator of this little corner of the Hangar.

A position I accept gladly, not least because of my conviction that Dune is one of the greatest Sci-Fi epics ever written.

I look forward to sharing this great story with you all.

(And what a great new background!) ____________________________________

"We have become a society in which the Artist is regarded as
A self-indulgent superfluity, and the person who juggles stocks and shares
Is an essential part of the economy. Something is Wrong" -Pam Brown.
<i>Edited by: Avatar  at: 8/10/06 11:20 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: New Mod
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:40 pm 
Master Pilot

Greetings Av!!! Thank you SO much for becoming the mod here! You're known for your dedication to your forum at Kevin's Watch (our sister site) so we couldn't be in better hands. Highdrake and duchess helped to spearhead our initial attempt at this forum, but, unfortunately, the mega-hack of '05 wiped most of that out.

Major kudos to duchess for keeping this place going after that!!! Yes the background is very cool and large enough (except for that black line on top which gave me a headache last night--but I can deal with it better today--then again it may have been the copius amounts of wine I drank last night that caused that! )

We still have alot of tinkering to do--the post backgrounds and text colors need to be changed-as do, probably, the index background. But: and this is what you may not know Av--my policy here is to let mods create their own forums. Yes you can determine all your color schemes, backgrounds, banner, banner link, buttons, etc here. The easiest way to do that is to post the images you want in the Cloisters topic I'll create today for this forum and then we can work together in getting them up here.

I like the banner and the background--but many other things probably need to change. If you can post a notice in the Ahira's Hangar link topic at the Watch announcing the restart of the group read that would be great. I'll try to redo danlo's universe to announce it as well. To begin with we need to contact Highdrake and mhoram to help and then, maybe we can get some other Watchers in here to contribute, as well. I'll try to help but I'm so consumed with reading The Rise of Enydymion right now that my contributions may be limited.

Again welcome! I sincerely appreciate all your help Lord Pilot!!! *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 8/11/06 8:42 am
</i>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:33 pm 
Lady Scryer

I know you will do a magnificent job, Avatar! ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:21 am 
Master Pilot

cheers to the new mod.

I'm afraid to say, I'm still finding the Hangar confusing and hard to navigate through. Also, all the funky background colors may look great from a distance, but they make text hard to see. I'd visit more often, if all these clashing colors didn't assault my eyes so much.

I should probably bring up my concerns in a more appropriate area of the Hangar...just can't be bothered to look around for it, heh. No big deal. Besides, I seem to be the only one who has a problem with the layout. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:40 pm 
Master Pilot

We welcome your suggestions--I want to change the index background on this forum and try to have the text as readable as possible. I'll try to do something this week--what do you think Moonwatcher? *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:00 am 
The UnTitled

Thanks for the warm welcome danlo. I'll do my best. (At least now Jay will have somebody to share the blame with if I ever get fired. )

And man, I've gotta agree about the readability in general I'm afraid.

Will post in the Hanagr thread at the Watch. Already bumped the Dune thread in Gen Sci-Fi there.

--A ____________________________________

A sense of the sardonic preserves a man from believing in his own pretensions. -The Sayings Of Maud'Dib<i></i>