Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: M,S&T (BIG SPOLIERS - DONT READ IF YOU HAVENT READ THE B
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:51 pm 
Pilot

Hi

The ending of MS&T! WOW!!!!
I cant believe it with Camaris and Jousa at the end!

And I was sooooooo happy Miriamele & Simon got together!

I wish Isgrimnurs son hadnt died and I was devastated when Maegwin died!

I really hope TW does some follow-on stories. I'd like to know what happens to Josua's children when they grew up (after what Aditu said!), and what happens to Camaris, and the Sithi, etc etc!!!!!!

Anyone elses thoughts?

Bye,

xEx
<i>Edited by: Earrinde at: 3/1/04 2:09 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: M,S&T (BIG SPOLIERS - DONT READ IF YOU AHVENT READ T
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:06 am 
Master Pilot

I was highly satisfied at the demise of the Red priest - he figured he would be the one to take control & have power over the storm king, never realising the Storm king would easily see thru his plans & overtake him.
Simon especially takes the cake by actually feeling sorry for the Storm king, and by showing forgiviness and love(?) toward the SK and defeating his ultimate power which was (imo) hate & fear.
A very satisfying end to the story, I thought
Cripple but free; I was blind all the time I was learning to see<i></i>

Post subject: MS&T
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:09 pm 
Pilot

I totally agree with you about the red priest. He really thought he ws in total control and going to get one over the SK.
When I was reading it, as I got to the end, I did think it was going to be 'one of those books' where the bad guy wins! At first I though Pyrates was going to gain control, then the SK, and it was a complete shock when Simon did!!!

After hating Elias, I felt really sorry for him at the end when he realised what he had done. It was a shame he had too die but after everthing that had happened, that was all he could really do, and it helped with the ending of the SK!

An excellent book. I'm now makin my way through The War of the Flowers. TW is an amazing writing, The War of the Flowers has such good humor in it, as did MS&T. Amazing!

xEx <i></i>

Post subject: Re: MS&T
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:00 pm 
Master Pilot

I agree with feeling sorry for Elias - Pyrates totally took advantage of his deep sorrow over the loss of his wife & convinced him he could get her back by doing what he (Pyrates) said.
Pyrates was evil to be sure, but overly arrogant, which was his downfall in the end. Cripple but free; I was blind all the time I was learning to see<i></i>