Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Are U as exicited about the release of TTT as I am?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 4:35 pm 
Master Pilot

I can't believe no one has been in this beautiful forum lately--I've been bugging Foamy 2 get something going, but she has alot of schoolwork 2 contend with. Anyway I am just gaga about the upcoming release of The Two Towers! As I said in another thread this book has gone from my least to most fav book of the trilogy, thanks to a second reading--especially the 2nd half of the book! Outstanding! I hear rumors that those lucky Brits will see a release of this movie b4 we will in the States!! I'd like 2 hear if u r as exicted as I. I'd like to hear from our Brit friends as soon as they see it--but please don't spoil too much! I think it's brilliant, 4 continuity sake, that Jackson decided to film all 3 books in one shot. And I've also heard rumors that TTT is better than FOTR. If that's true I'm sure we're in 4 a SUPER treat!!! The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 10/16/02 6:42:16 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: Are U as exicited about the release of TTT is I am?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 6:55 pm 
Master Pilot

We are definitely excited about the release of TTT in this house. We are looking forward to seeing it!!

~MsMary~ "Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:25 am 
Master Pilot

OH,MAN!!! I 'm getting chills just thinking that it won't be long now!! I can't wait to see my favorite chapter played out!! The Voice of Saruman! Gandalf is now the White and gives Saruman what for!!!!!! I feel like a child again; looking forward to Christmas in October!! WOOHOO! <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:49 am 
Master Pilot

Isnt the Voice in Return of the King??

Im not too excited about the new movie. Itll be good I hope. The planet he saw appeared to have continents that looked surprisingly like Northern Europe and North America. Ransom realized it was Earth he was seeing-Thulcandra, the Silent Planet <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:59 am 
Master Pilot

I went to my cousin's the other day. This is significant because he has Quicktime on his computer. So I came in and the first thing out of my mouth was "Trailer?"

He went to apple.com, opened up the trailer, and left me to it.

I watched the whole thing twice. I would've watched it more, but we had to leave.

Gandalf the White! Treebeard! Aragorn tracking...Eowyn...the Oliphaunt...<i> when</i> is December going to come??

~Foamy~

(Sorry I haven't posted anything new in a while, people...as danlo said...schoolwork... ) <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 12:08 am 
Pilot

I am extremely excited for the movie, even more so since I just finished the book early early this morning.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 4:21 am 
Master Pilot

mhoram, y r u not so exicted? Did u not like the first movie? Is it a Lewis/Tolkien thing? The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 2:38 pm 
Master Pilot

I can't wait for TTT movie...I pre-ordered the DVD for FOTR so I would get it immediately on release & have since watched it 5 times!!

I have been chomping at the bit to see Treebeard - the FOTR DVD has a little teaser on it & the battle at Helm's deep looks to be awesome! Also, Gollum looks like a cool computer animation - based on a real human actor.

Yes Danlo - I am as excited as you are!!!

BTW, I have a slipcover special edition af LOTR - 1 book about 8" thick. It's the prize of my library collection! <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 3:03 pm 
Master Pilot

Im not...not excited about it. Im just not completely pumped. RotK it what I wanna see... The planet he saw appeared to have continents that looked surprisingly like Northern Europe and North America. Ransom realized it was Earth he was seeing-Thulcandra, the Silent Planet <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 3:13 pm 
Master Pilot

ah... The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 8:49 pm 
Master Pilot

I just found out that the US release 4 TTT is Dec. 18th!!!! Right ON!!! Save some Xmas pennies y'all!!! (and now that beautiful, added footage FOTR DVD set is coming out as well!!! Tolkien movie bliss!!!)

If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:26 am 
Master Pilot

I AM SOOOO EXCITED!!! .. i AM SOOO EXCITED AND HAVE BEEN WAITING ALL YEAR FOR TTT!! i CANT WAIT!!!

I GOT THE DVD AND THE VHS VERSIONS OF tFotR AND HAVE WATCHED IT SO MANY TIMES I CANNOT KNOW HOW MANY!!

I CANT WAIT TO HEAR SMEAGOL'S VOICE .. AND I AM VERY INTERESTED IN JUST HOW THEY WILL PORTRAY TTT .. A VERY DIFFICULT BOOK TO DEPICT IN FILM I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT .. IT WILL BE GREAT .. AND I CANT WAIT ..

I THINK IT IS HEARTLESS AND CRUEL TO MAKE SUCH RABBID FANS WAIT SOOO LONG BEFORE RELEASING EACH BOOK/FILM!!

A WHOLE YEAR ..... ITS TOOO LONG!!

i AM GETTING THE BOXED FOTR SET TOO!!

AND i GOT A BIG KICK OUT OF SEEING THE TRAILER TOO!!

EXCITED????? I'M VERY EXCITED!! I AM JUMPING IN MY SEAT .. THE WAIT IS KILLING ME!!

I WENT TO THE OFFICIAL LotR'S SITE .. AND WOULD LOVE TO HAVE JOINED .. BUT IT WAS LIKE .. COST MONEY AND STUFF .. BUT GOT TO SEE SOME GREAT STUFF IN THE VISITOR'S SECTION .. GOOD STUFF!!

YEPPI-DOO-DEY .. WE'RE EXCITED!! health and healing<i>Edited by: Skywier  at: 11/12/02 6:14:11 am
</i>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:51 am 
Master Pilot

Just about a month to go... I can't wait. I took my 16 yr. old nephew to see fotr & now he's calling me ( after borrowing my paper back set of LOTR) and setting our 'date to go! My other 16 yr old nephew is going too. I never knew they were interested. Should be a blast!!! Gollum will be cool! <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 4:01 am 
Master Pilot

Sky, having a problem with your caps lock key there?

~Foamy~ <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 10:32 am 
Master Pilot

I know it seems like that .. but it was just pure excitement .. taking over .. just sooo dee-diddly-lighted [read: Flanders voice] .. and I got my 4 set Fellowship DVD special edition thingo set today .. so high diddly doodly!! fantastic!! :LOL

health and healing<i></i>