Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Now we've got 2 talk about Ents!!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 9:24 pm 
Master Pilot

They move around---can't they move around quickly? It seems they did in TTT...Graybeard, and wasn't there some guy who tended 2 them? What can y'all tell me about them? Origins? Mathematics is a game. It's pieces are the axioms we create, and it's rules our logic. That mathematics is occasionally useful to mechanics and pilots is accidental -Mahavira Lal, third Lord Cantor<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 7/11/02 4:41:32 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: Now we've got 2 talk about Ents!!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 2:31 pm 
Master Pilot

<b> The Ents were the oldest race of all. They took care of trees and at one time the Ents were lords, themselves. They roamed the vast forests and were hard to tell apart from trees. The Elves taught trees how to talk, and the Ents learned a lot of languages. Their strength was incredible (stronger than trolls who were created by Morgoth in mockery of the Ents). Somewhere along the line, the Ents got separated from the Entwives who had become more interested in grasses, flowers, and shrubs than in herding trees. Very sad. The Entwives left completely, and the Ents continued tending trees.</b> :( Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 11:02 pm 
Master Pilot

Were the created by Yavanna in the same way the dwarves were created by Aule? Or are they spirits kinda like the Maia that were part of the song or whatever? What crazy person watches soccer at four in the mornin?<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 2:30 am 
Master Pilot

Some1 on All SciFi.com asked this question: Who is older Tom Bombadrillo or Treebeard? Can u answer that? The power of ahimsa is not just the readiness to die. It is the willingness to live. To live utterly without fear - this is a fearsome thing. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 3:23 am 
Master Pilot

Bombadil prolly, if me last post is correct. Wheres BC7 when we need him????? "I say the right things but act the wrong way, I like it right here but I can not stay. I watch the tv forget what I'm told, well I am to young and they are too old. I'll make it you see, I'm never so pleased, pretend to be nice tho I can be mean. I missd the last bus, I'll take the next train. I'll try but you see, its hard to explain." Hard to Explain, The Strokes<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 1:44 pm 
Master Pilot

<b> Definitely, Bombadil, the oldest of all living creatures in Middle Earth. "Tom was here before the river and the trees." Oldest and fatherless (sounds like Adam except Tom just kept on living--immortal?). </b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 6:52 am 
Master Pilot

I like the ents .. they were cool .. and I wouldnt mind having a drop of that ent draught .. health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 11:05 pm 
Pilot

i wouldn't mind some either - i could do with a bit of height !
i'm with King Theoden, definelty Bombadil. i read something somewhere that seemed to suggest that he was a Maia himself and that Goldberry could have been too ? does anyone know anything else about that ?
whoops and this was a talk about Ents !! <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 3:45 am 
Master Pilot

King Mudd - The Ents were created by Yavanna, with the permission of Manwë. Yavanna realized that the Children of Ilúvatar would have power over all her creations, and she asked that the trees be allowed to speak on behalf of all plants, and to punish anyone who harmed them. So Manwë gave her permission to create the Shepherds of the Trees.

~Foamy~ <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 2:03 pm 
Master Pilot

I have a feeling this topic will b a hot one as soon as TTT is released.
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 6:26 pm 
Master Pilot

When's it coming out in the UK? The dead pay the debts of the living. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:01 am 
Master Pilot

M. G-friend said it's coming out on the 18th as well, contrary 2 all those rumors that said UK, NZ and Australia were getting it @least 2 weeks earlier...
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 4:04 pm 
Master Pilot

Interesting...Id have thought for sure the Brits would see it first! The dead pay the debts of the living. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 8:01 pm 
Master Pilot

Damm Americans! I'll trade u blankets and trinkets 4 Manhattan Island and a turkey!
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 5:58 pm 
Master Pilot

Wasnt that the Dutch??? The dead pay the debts of the living. <i></i>