Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: SPECIAL EXTENDED DVD EDITION ROCKS!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:45 pm 
Master Pilot

Well I now am the proud as punch owner of the Special Extended DVD Edtion of the Fellowship of the Ring!!

It is soooo cool!! I love it and love the extra 30 mins and the way Jackson has worked it into the movie .. it is perfection!!

I love all the scenes and to me none are superfluous to the story .. and I feel sorry for all those who dont get the extended version .. for sure the most way better version of the 1st book .. just brilliant!!

I cant imagine why somethings were left out .. even though I get the time restraints for commercial purposes thingy .. though I for one would have sat through the entire movie in this format and revelled in it!!

It was so good to see the inclusion of such important and relevant detail .. that in some way was missing entirely in the original movie that screened last year.

If you havent got it .. do yourself a favour and get it .. if you cant afford it yet .. hire it!! YOu will love the experience!! health and healing<i></i>

Post subject: Re: SPECIAL EXTENDED DVD EDITION ROCKS!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 3:24 pm 
Master Pilot

**cries**OH I wish I had a DVD player now! Will they take my 8track in xchange? Do u think... ?
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:53 pm 
Master Pilot

Danlo, up to about a month ago, I didnt have a DVD either. I bought a TV w/a built-in DVD...well worth it! The dead pay the debts of the living. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 11:13 pm 
Pilot

i haven't got a DVD either - i was tempted to buy the DVD version anyway and then go about acquiring the player. until i looked at my bank account it's stretches but not that far !
i had to console myself with the extended VHS, loved it anyway. it's a way better film with all the extra scenes and they fit in so well ! <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 2:39 am 
Master Pilot

absa-diddly-lutely right Zvezda!! .. and welcome .. the 'deleted' scenes do fit in so well .. and imho .. it is a way better movie for their inclusion!!

It works so much better this way .. I am glad you can get the extended version in VHS .. guys without DVD players .. do not despair .. go get the VHS version!!

what a wonderful world it is!!

And importantly valuable - the extended version retains greater closeness to Tolkiens genius .. I just love it!! health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 3:35 am 
Master Pilot

I think I'll get the extended DVD and hang onto it until I get a DVD player. I'm bound to get one someday, right?

~Foamy~ <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 1:14 am 
Pilot

I'll be watching it in about an hour! WhoooohoooooO!!!!!
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 1:28 am 
Master Pilot

Quick, Fid, make 3 posts to become a Master Pilot! The dead pay the debts of the living. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 2:01 pm 
Master Pilot

All right our newest MP cometh! Hey all ur images r rockin and looking great Fid! Awesome!
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 5:27 am 
Master Pilot

I finally bought the extended DVD and
it
is
sweet. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 5:33 am 
Master Pilot

Well, I just got the DVD for Hanukkah...and I also got a DVD player!

I spent most of today watching the extended movie. I love the new scenes...I don't think they're superfluous either. I think they're truly cool.

I can't wait to explore the rest of the set!

~Foamy~ <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 5:03 pm 
Pilot

My significant other was going to buy the extended DVD for me but when at the store said that they had a 4 disk set and a 5 disk set...didn't buy it because didn't know which one I wanted.

Anyone know what the difference is? I thought there was just the 4 disk extended set. Which one should I tell him to buy?

Can't wait BTW! Lady Genni
"Life is a pure flame,
and we live by an invisible sun within us."
- Thomas Browne<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 5:35 pm 
Lady Scryer

I think that the actual extended movie is the same in both sets. That's two of the DVD's. The other DVD's are "toys", with documentaries about how they made the movie and that sort of thing. So I would think that which set you get would depend on how much you like "extras". And I agree with every good thing the others said about the extended edition. It's wonderful!
I have the four disc set because I got it on sale really cheap when it first came out. my sister, o my sister! There's the cause on 't. Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, Like diamonds we are cut with our own dust -- John Webster's "The Duchess of Malfi", first performed in England in 1614<i></i>