Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 'Let us have food and drink!' cried Tom.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 9:22 pm 
Master Pilot

'Long tales are thirsty. And long listening's hungry work, morning, noon and evening!' Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 10/17/02 9:19:08 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: 'Let us have food and drink!' cried Tom.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 11:17 pm 
Master Pilot

Thanks Danlo for the big send off! For food, I'll have some of Farmer Maggot's prized mushrooms, and for drink, I'll have some of the Shire's best ale. Maybe some mutton and fresh bread. In Rohan, this is standard fare. Just tell Hama that I sent for you, and don't forget to leave your weapons at the door! (And if you meet someone named Grima or Wormtongue, give him a punch in the mouth!) <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 10:57 pm 
Master Pilot

I've never really understood Tom Bombardrillo's and Goldberry's origins that well. Perhaps they were never really explained. Was Tom just some crazy wanderer who settled down? I think Goldberry was 1/2 elvin, or @ least appeared 2 b. Where did these guys come from? @least they gave the hobbits a short cut 2 Amon Hen and enabled them 2 find weapons on that ancient battleground... Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 10:31 am 
Master Pilot

Tom had definitely reached the top rung of the ladder in self-actualization. So secure in himself, he didn't need to impress anyone. He just enjoyed life and Goldberry. Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

Post subject: The movie
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 5:31 am 
Master Pilot

I just watched LOTR/FOTR on video--just not the same as @ the theater, but the death of Boromir still brought tears 2 my eyes Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i></i>

Post subject: Re: The movie
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 3:50 am 
Pilot

I peronally belive tom to be a Miyar(sp). "In their keen and mercililess eyes; under their mantles were long grey robes; upon their grey hairs were helms of silver; in their haggered hands were swords of steel. Their eyes fell on him and pierced him, as they rushed towords him. Desperate, he drew his own sword, and it seem to him that it flickered red, as if it was a firebrand. Two of the figures halted. The third was taller than the others: his hair was long and gleaming and on his helm was a crown."-John Rondald Raul TolkienThe Fellowship of The Ring<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 4:17 am 
Master Pilot

Interesting--welcome 2 the Hangar Rouge! We need ur contributions! You should talk to Skyweir--Sky's a big Red Dwarf freak! The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 10/17/02 9:24:34 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 2:57 am 
Master Pilot

err .. greetings Rogue Poet

.. I'm sky!

.. the big freak!! lol

.. umm .. err .. Red Dwarf freak

.. gratified to meet your acquaintance .. welcome to the Hangar!!

.. so you a fan of Red Dwarf?? I read your post to see some reference to RD but drew a blank .. :LOL .. brilliant british sci-fi umm comedy

health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 6:23 am 
Master Pilot

RP made a reference 2 RD somewhere else Sky! Now u'll just have 2 go look 4 it! , I can't remember where, xactly...
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 12:38 pm 
Master Pilot

ahhh .. THE red dwarves!! ..

health and healing<i></i>