Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Who's Your Favorite Elf?
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 8:54 pm 
Master Pilot

I would like to have done this as a poll, but couldn't find out how. So, who's your favorite elf (They were so noble)?
Elrond, Arwen, Legolas, Glorfindel, etc. And, not to sound like a teacher, but why is your choice your favorite? Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Who's Your Favorite Elf?
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 10:46 pm 
Master Pilot

In Tolkien in general? not ness LOTR?--Beren, at least in the tale, so noble so heartbroken...p.s I can rig u up a poll, if u want--email me! Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 5/11/02 3:48:02 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 3:15 am 
Pilot

Arwen, Elrond, whichever... I personally think Elves are evil. Elenia:http://www.angelfire.com/ego/eleniaVulpix's Pokêmoon:http://www.angelfire.com/ky/pokemoonElenia ezboard:http://pub59.ezboard.com/beleniaMy favorite series of books is currently The Elenium by David Eddings, my favorite author. And of his characters, I love Child-Goddess Aphrael the most!!<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 11:07 am 
Master Pilot

Don't believe I've ever heard Tolkien's Elves being called evil. Any special reason, Queen Ehlana? Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 5:05 am 
Master Pilot

I 2 do not unnerstan, my Queen! Please splain! Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 6:49 pm 
Master Pilot

Danlo -

Beren, son of Barahir, was a Man, of The House of Beor

Favourite Elf - Fingolfin High King of The Noldor. Took on Morgoth Noldo v Vala. The bravest of the brave. "Some of the Scottish troops ran for five miles before they were killed. Others threw themselves into the sea. The number of dead is impossible to calculate, but there must have been several thousand. They included 5 Scottish Earls. The few prisoners who had been taken were put to death on Edward III's order, a final act of savagery for which there is no rational explanation. English casualties were light. Halidon Hill 19 July 1333Edward III Puts Scotland to the Sword, For a very Long Time.<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 9:24 pm 
Master Pilot

Been a long time since I read the Sil--it's on my list, welcome Beren! Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 8:28 am 
Master Pilot

Danlo -

Hi there. This is a really well layed out Board, and I've seen a few

I envy you. I wish I could say - "ain't read The Silmarillion". Sometimes it would be great to be able to see those amazing tales for the "first time". Nothing beats that intitial impact. "Some of the Scottish troops ran for five miles before they were killed. Others threw themselves into the sea. The number of dead is impossible to calculate, but there must have been several thousand. They included 5 Scottish Earls. The few prisoners who had been taken were put to death on Edward III's order, a final act of savagery for which there is no rational explanation. English casualties were light. Halidon Hill 19 July 1333Edward III Puts Scotland to the Sword, For a very Long Time.<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 3:14 am 
Master Pilot

An easy to make mistake, Danlo. Beren did, after all, marry an elf. His father was a great friend to the elves. Although he was a man, I, too, think of him sometimes as elvish. Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 3:27 pm 
Pilot

Fingolfin takes the title, followed by Finrod and Gil-galad. <i>"White the mist that rose through me, Whiter than land of your dwelling.It is your name that will bind thee,Your name is mine for the telling" </i><i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 6:42 pm 
Pilot

definetly it woul have to be feanor ( i really cant spell) he was so fiery his body turned to dust when he died!!!! no way of beating that ( even in the seeming evelasting beauty of galadrial or honour of meadhros!!) <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 11:09 pm 
Master Pilot

arwenavery -

Clever Elf Feanor. But don't some of his darker aspects tarnish his reputation ?

p.s. As a Fingolfin Fan I am legally obliged to ask that question. "Some of the Scottish troops ran for five miles before they were killed. Others threw themselves into the sea. The number of dead is impossible to calculate, but there must have been several thousand. They included 5 Scottish Earls. The few prisoners who had been taken were put to death on Edward III's order, a final act of savagery for which there is no rational explanation. English casualties were light. Halidon Hill 19 July 1333Edward III Puts Scotland to the Sword, For a very Long Time.<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 5:42 pm 
Pilot

Feanor's a filthy bastard. <i>"Primary chief bard am I to Elphin,And my original country is the region of the summer stars;Idno and Heinin called me Merddin,At length every king will call me Taliesin" </i><i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 11:25 pm 
Master Pilot

Cali -

Your anti-Feanorian tendencies have got the better of you again eh ? Keep taking the tablets "Some of the Scottish troops ran for five miles before they were killed. Others threw themselves into the sea. The number of dead is impossible to calculate, but there must have been several thousand. They included 5 Scottish Earls. The few prisoners who had been taken were put to death on Edward III's order, a final act of savagery for which there is no rational explanation. English casualties were light. Halidon Hill 19 July 1333Edward III Puts Scotland to the Sword, For a very Long Time.<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 12:17 pm 
Master Pilot

LOL, Beren! Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>