Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 7:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3066 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 205  Next
 Post subject: Re: Well, I went 2 Kevin's Watch...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 2:31 pm 
Master Pilot

there was 1 suspect, a certian "Curly" that Bannor and Korik had 2 torture endlessly in order 2 find the whereabouts of the horrible "Monster", so it proved 2 b a terrible ordeal! How is the chess game going Lord Pilots? How far do you fall Pilot?<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 5:48 am 
Master Pilot

<b> The chess game goes well, Timekeeper! I think that Skyweir is trying to lull me into making a mistake. I have a feeling that he is very shrewd and clever! </b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 2:06 pm 
Master Pilot

<b><i>Quote:</i></b> I have a feeling that he is very shrewd and clever!

.. well if that be your impression my liege .. then my insidious plans (pulling the wool over ur eyes ) have truly been successful!! health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 9:02 pm 
Master Pilot

<b> LOL Sky! I never take any moves for granted. I was reading a chess book one day, and a player had lost his queen and both rooks, but it was all part of the plan (as he checkmated his opponent with two knights and a bishop)! </b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 3:44 pm 
Master Pilot

ah .. so I am up against a chess scholar am I?

<searches hopelessly and to no avail for a chess book of my own .. considers a visit to the local library>

oh well I will have to resign myself to my usual <i> 'shooting from the hip'</i> tactic .. .. and see where that gets me .. LOL

health and healing<i>Edited by: Skywier  at: 6/25/02 8:46:15 am
</i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 4:37 pm 
Master Pilot

All the stops r starting 2 come out--finally! This is getting 2 exciting!!! How far do you fall Pilot?<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 11:23 pm 
Master Pilot

<b> Hardly a chess scholar. I have a habit of going into things in a big way. When I got an aquarium, I just had to get all the literature about the hobby; then I had to get more expensive fish; then a bigger aquarium; then salt water. Finally, I end up selling the whole thing for a fraction of what it cost.
I was the same way about chess. I'd check out these books of championship games, and I'd play the game they played. It was immensely satisfying. Then I bought a computer chess game from Montgomery Wards and played that for awhile. I've not seen a book on chess or a computer game of chess in years. It is fun to play again, and Sky makes me feel like a better player than I am, and I really appreciate that. No expert at all, just love the game. </b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 2:32 am 
Master Pilot

<b><i>Quote:</i></b> No expert at all, just love the game

that we share in common .. and it is fun!!

my ambition in this game is to gain the upper hand

.. < regrettably to date .. it has not been so> ..

you are a satisfying opponent my liege .. I love to be kept on my toes .. and that you are doing with absolute certainty!! health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 4:52 am 
Master Pilot

<b> It IS a close and exciting game, isn't it? Glad we got past the email problems. Did you ever find my lost emails at the other address you have? </b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 1:16 pm 
Master Pilot

nope they never did turn up

<thinks King screwed up somewhere there> LOL hehe! health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 2:07 pm 
Master Pilot

<b> The sad part is you're probably correct! But I do know I clicked "send" on each (have them in my sent folder). Lost in cyber space, what a way to go: sorta like Anne McCaffrey's dragons going "between" to end their lives. </b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 3:19 am 
Master Pilot

actually I was just ribbing ya .. they did turn up .. I just dont check that email much these days .. hence I am not on msn much lately either .. <shrugs>

health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 4:52 am 
Master Pilot

<b> Well, I feel better! I sometimes forget to check the bushhog@teacher.com email myself, so I completely understand! </b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 5:35 pm 
Master Pilot

Hullo!! I really like this board, lots of sf and f and sports too. Funny how I found this board... I was at the ASOIAF board and there was a thread about Ran being quoted here, and I went to the link and found this place. BC7 and Cali kno me from there... What crazy person watches soccer at four in the mornin?<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 5:47 pm 
Master Pilot

We're only about 2 and 1/2 months old--but we're already having a heck of alot of fun! I really like the ASOIAF board but sometimes when u find a small board where every1 knos u and cares about u--u can feel a little more @ home--u're more than welcome here King----is there a "King of the Mardi Gras" connection here? Kings Mudd and Theoden? our it it just a Star Trek & Tolkien thing? <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 6/29/02 10:50:43 am
</i>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3066 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 205  Next