Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3066 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 205  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Master Pilot's Bar--for Newbies and general rants!
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 4:47 pm 
Master Pilot

its all cool ... it was I that was at fault .. or well it probably was .. anyway .. my Outlook express doesnt seem to send mail automatically for some unknown (to me) reason .. so the 5th move (which was mine in reply) wasnt sent at the time I made it .. cos of a connection problem and thus wasnt sent for a couple of days .. when I realised I hadnt manually sent it .. ugghh!! computers!!!

I can see already it is going to be a very interesting game .. I liked that last move of yours particularly .. ofcourse it is very early days .. health and healing<i>Edited by: Skywier  at: 5/29/02 9:48:42 am
</i>

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 4:55 pm 
Master Pilot

I hate my outlook xpress! I need 2 get my earthlink mail service back up--meanwhile I challenge any1 2 a game of Go! How far do you fall Pilot?<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 4:38 am 
Master Pilot

i am in the midst of an engaging chess game as you know .. but i wouldnt let that stop me from looking into another game .. infact if anyone else also wants a game a chess .. there be no reason not to play more than one game at once .. (email chess allows for such luxuries .. being a slower game) .. but what in the gods name's is <b> 'GO'</b> ..

how do you play .. anything like this??

>ok your turn ... 'go to hell!!!'
>no no its not my turn to GO .. its your turn .. 'go sit on your head!!!'
>awww .. no no fair .. i sat on my head just a minute ago .. you can't ask me to do the same thing twice!!
>can to!!
>can NOT!!
>CAN TO!!!
>ok :... GO TAKE A FLYING LEAP!!!
> ... oh ... mmm ... thats one I haven't done in a while .. i'll give you that one ..
>woooo hooo!!! I win!! ... hehe ... begone loser ... I WIN!!!

... something like that??? health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 5:15 am 
Master Pilot

actually Go is a venerable old Chinese game played on a big grid w/black and white stones--if u saw that strange game they were playing @ Princeton U. in A Beautiful Mind--that was Go...Jouneyman I need a cup of coffee! Meditating on the fire and chess game is making me sleepy... How far do you fall Pilot?<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 5/29/02 10:17:17 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 7:00 am 
Master Pilot

ah i c .. we have a different name for that game .. but its definitely not <b> GO</b> .. at all ..

damn .. though what it is ... escapes me :

well Mr Sleepy head over here is obviously not vying for a game of chess King ..

heh .. better left to the intellectuals health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 12:08 pm 
Master Pilot

Hey, Sky! Got your "test" this morning. Want to use the msn.com address? I use MSN Explorer and have found the email to be excellent (though that could change at any moment ). Go sounds like Chinese Checkers? Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 2:47 pm 
Master Pilot

! THAT woke me up! SACREBLU SACRILEDGE! Chinese Checkers my butt! Go is 1 on the tuffest, most infuriating game in the world: what u have 2 do is use very long term strategy 2 get ur opponents stones in a corner or work 2 form a "snake", or a circle, around 1 of ur opponents positions in order 2 surround their stones--all points on the grid must b filled--so once u surround ur opponent's area--all his stones r urs....But u really have 2 play it 2 realize how tuf it is--I've played about 100 games and won, probably, 10 and 9 were against opponents w/less xperience...and NO I don't fall asleep while playing it--it's just that tuf! 1 has 2 play thousands of games b4 they can consider themselves 1/2 way competent! How far do you fall Pilot?<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 6/1/02 12:36:08 pm
</i>

Post subject: GO
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 2:59 pm 
Master Pilot

Well I saw 'A beautiful mind' and never realised that the game they were playing was this you described .. it did look tough .. and well must have been .. as the genius' that were playing it were very serious!

A good game of strategy .. is always a good game .. if you have a board .. you can teach us .. I am interested to learn more of this game .. called GO!

Its got to be a really stupid name for a game though .. but whatever .. a rose by any other name ... <i></i>

Post subject: by the way ...
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 3:03 pm 
Master Pilot

do you ever sleep? I chatted to you on-line about 7 hrs ago .. and here you are again ..

do you have a lap top fused to some part of your anatomy??

mmm ... intriguing <i></i>

Post subject: Re: by the way ...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 3:59 pm 
Master Pilot

<b> The Bush/Skyweir Chess Game of the Century is underway and 13 moves have been made so far. Looking interesting! I wonder, Skyweir, if you'd mind me showing the game board from time to time (if anyone besides ourselves is interested)?</b> Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 9:45 am 
Master Pilot

be my guest .. <i></i>

Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 11:36 pm 
Master Pilot

The King has just in4med me that he's falling 2 planet Tejas 4 5 days--but I 4 1 would like 2 kno how the chess game is going--and we'd like 2 c some more Pilots in this bar--just because it says Master Pilots bar doesn't mean it's restricted--hell, I mean if Mallory and Bardo (on the eve of receiving their Pilot's rings) could crash in and start a ruckus w/The Lord Pilot and 3 Master Pilots, any1 can! How far do you fall Pilot?<i></i>

Post subject: Chess Match
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 2:58 pm 
Master Pilot

Skyweir is up on points in the game. He's taken my rook and pawn, and I have only 3 pawns to show for it. I am still being optimistic about the outcome though! Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Chess Match
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 10:29 pm 
Master Pilot

.. the points at this stage are meaningless .. tis still early days .. the game has been an exciting and highly enjoyable one to date ..

but if I may say privately ... 'who even thinks .. no nay .. not even thinks .. but even .. muses over or imagines for a second .. the possibility .. even .. of leaving a chess game hanging for .. what seemed like an eternity .. well at least an endless number of days .. to go on vacation!!!??? .. let alone actually doing it??!!!!????

like ... who does that??

it is unimaginable!!!

LOL health and healing<i></i>

Post subject: Ooh, an online chess game!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 4:26 pm 
Master Pilot

I tried to convince my son to play email chess, but I think he thinks it's too slow. He played competitive chess for a while, until we couldn't get a chess teacher to play at a time that worked for our schedule. He's quite a good chess player.

As for me, I know the basic moves, and that's about it!

My hubby and I used to play Risk years ago, though. Great game!

And my sister, my husband, and my kids whiled away last New Year's Eve in a good game of scrabble.

~MsMary~ "Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"<i></i>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3066 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 205  Next