[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - The Master Pilot's Bar--hang out, kick back, relax...

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:44 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3066 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Master Pilot's Bar--hang out, kick back, relax...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:15 pm 
Master Pilot

Did he decide on New College, then? I lost track....

Back to work yesterday after Elohimfest and Arizona. :(

My books:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:50 am 
Lady Scryer

My computer at home blew up - it needs a new motherboard - so I probably won't be around much for a few days until it gets fixed. (I am posting from work right now - might get a few minutes here or there on my older son's laptop - my younger son's laptop has to be repaired, too, at the same time as the desktop. :roll: )

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:48 pm 
The Timekeeper

I saw that on facebook duchy, and tried to write "perfect time to sneak back into the Hangar without her noticing" but I kept getting comment errors... Also surprised my log in still works after being absent so long---Elohimfest took a lot of work this time...so just recovering, NFL Picks Game took a little o/o me too. Hopefully I can squeeze some stuff in here while cramming for the AATE dissection at the Watch and preparing to, hopefully, fly out to New York for my Dad's 90th birthday. I'm pretty sure I'll be going, but don't know whether or not Tam and Grace will be accompanying..so nobody make a Fest o/o it yet.

Anyway, hi Hangar :wave: long time no see!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:16 am 
Lady Scryer

wow - 90 is amazing! :shock: I hope your dad has a wonderful birthday! :D :D :D

computer wasn't as bad as I was afraid it would be - it had a fried video card due to ginormous cat hair build up. :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the repair guy had to take away my son's laptop though - something is weird with windows, and he has to save what's on the hard drive (such as itunes) and then reinstall windows and reinstall itunes, etc.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:47 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:15 am 
Lady Scryer

Menolly, your son sounds like he will be doing great in his classes. 8) I think keeping his GPA up to scholarship standards won't be a problem for him. :)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:11 pm 
Master Pilot

I'm sure Beorn will do fine,too. Congrats to him. 8)

Enjoying a few calm days here at work since getting home from E-fest. One attorney is on maternity leave; one has been nominated for a big gummint job and so is rarely here (and he can't do much when he *is* here, for fear of saying something that will jeopardize his confirmation :lol: ); and the third, Travelin' Guy, is travelin'.

My books:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:55 am 
Pilot

Menolly- no loans for undergrad? That's awesome! My undergrad debt is looking set to top $25,000. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:42 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
Ouch, Cambo.
Yeah, we are lucky.

Beorn chose to attend an in-state school, which reduces tuition cost significantly.

NCF estimates cost of attendance for his first year to be just over $19K, including $3,600 allotted for transportation and "personal expenses." They offered him funding of just over $21K for this year, including about $5,500 in loans. We chose to invest in the Florida Prepaid Plan when Beorn was an infant, so by combining that with the aid offered minus the loans, Beorn should have everything covered and even get a refund check back each term.

Of course, the most flexible costs of attendance will be the meal plan (Beorn does love to eat), transportation, books, and "personal expenses." We're just going to have to see how it goes, but we're pretty certain no loans will be needed.

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:55 am 
Lady Scryer

We used the money from my father's estate to pay for my older son's college, and now the younger son's. Between that money and the money I have invested for them since they were tiny children, and their scholarships, they should get all of their undergrad paid for in full.

(It's as if my father is STILL looking out for us, even from the beyond).

If either or both go to grad school, they are on their own. :wink:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:20 pm 
Master Pilot

I haven't whined here yet about being sick! Yay!

Sick with a cold. Like a dope, I've been going to work every day anyhow. People started offering me cough drops yesterday -- "no, really, *here*." :lol: Looking forward to sleeping in this weekend. Hopefully Magickmaker's not going to expect me to take her anywh-- what am I saying? She's got her own car now!

My books:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:40 am 
Lady Scryer

Wish I could sleep in this weekend - but alas it my weekend to work. :(

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:47 pm 
The Timekeeper

I shall return!!! :gunslinger:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:24 pm 
Master Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:41 am 
The UnTitled

Too much relaxing and not enough other stuff.

Been a rough few weeks I guess...long weekend now though, so time to...uh...relax again. :lol:

--A

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3066 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205  Next