Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 461 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: watch servers suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:09 pm 
Lady Scryer

But as soon as it comes back up, I will make a thread in the Donaldson forum with a copy of the schedule, in case something like this happens again and someone needs to know if they have a chapter coming up.

I cannot speak for Moonwatcher, but I know I am getting sort of tired of all of the threads laden with picture after picture of scantily clad women. An occasional thread or picture is fine - it is quite normal for people to find other people attractive - but it is really getting old and tired and very excessive over there. ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>

Post subject: Re: watch servers suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:13 pm 
bridgeburner

he doesn't miss it because scrabble is so facinating

what i really wanna know is: is he a moonwatcher or a marblewatcher???? <i>Edited by: Lucimay at: 11/20/06 12:26 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: watch servers suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:37 pm 
Master Pilot

Well the last photo like that that I put up--was part of a debate I was having with Cail and Foul over who should play Cersei if a ASOIAF movie were made--I had no idea how scantily clad her Geocities ASOIAF Casting photo was. Who is she anyway? Teresa Hafler or something like that? She's not the blond on BSG is she?!

Come to think of it, do we have a BSG thread in the Manifold? And do we have the Geocities Martin link? hmmm... *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i></i>

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:59 pm 
Master Pilot

It was up this morning, but now it's all Critical Errors--which means there's something different wrong, either something's been changed onthe boards (unlikely) or while Vain and the hosts were fixing stuff they did something to the database. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:06 pm 
Master Pilot

Up ATT. ________________
I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within my shadow. Change is coming. Now is my time. Listen to my muscle memory. Contemplate what I've been clinging to. -Tool, "Forty-Six & Two" <i></i>

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:07 pm 
Master Pilot

Scratch that--it's baaaaaaccck! <i></i>

Post subject: Re: .
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:09 pm 
Master Pilot

What's back? *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:27 pm 
Master Pilot

I was able to get there very early this morning (about 3 am EST). "Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:35 pm 
Master Pilot

danlo: "What's back?"

The Watch. It's working now. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:16 pm 
Master Pilot

Duchess wrote:

Quote:I cannot speak for Moonwatcher, but I know I am getting sort of tired of all of the threads laden with picture after picture of scantily clad women. An occasional thread or picture is fine - it is quite normal for people to find other people attractive - but it is really getting old and tired and very excessive over there.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I checked the "who do you think is hot" thread a few times at first, but have ignored it since page 3 or so.

But at least they're attractive pics. What really bugged me was the pics in the body modifications thread. Repulsive stuff. I was glad one of the Mods locked it.

danlo, the kind of discussion you're asking for deserves its own thread, heh. But I'm not here to sow seeds of discontent or whatever about KW.

I'm sure I'll be more active at the Watch once Fatal Revenant comes out.

And yes, scrabble is very fascinating and therapeutic. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:31 am 
Lady Scryer

I avoided the body modification and weird tattoos threads.

I thought I would be happier if I did not see what was in them.

I wish to God I had never seen the thread in the Tank where people posted really disturbing sexual practices.

I have posted the dissection schedule in the SRD forum here. If the Watch goes down again, now people can check to see if they have chapters coming up. ******************************************************

<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:10 am 
The UnTitled

Haha. Nice to see you around here too Dlb, and I see Luci remembered where it was too...

Yeah, you know, fair enough guys. Personally, I only give Gen Disc the most cursory of goings over. Usually not more than the "How are you feeling' and the photography threads, unless I have time to spare, which isn't these days.

Tell you what, , I really like that little preview...has probably saved me hours of loading times.

--A ____________________________________

A sense of the sardonic preserves a man from believing in his own pretensions. -The Sayings Of Maud'Dib<i></i>

Post subject: KW: bitching, brouhaha and boobs
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:57 am 
Master Pilot

Aaargh. I thought I was just going to check in at the Watch briefly before getting my Dune dissection into shape. Then I got sucked into all the handwringing there over a member who's been causing some tempers to flare, including that member's own. A good person, just bullheaded and risque.

Don't have the energy right now to think about my Dune chapter. I may have to avoid KW for the rest of the week to get anything done that doesn't involve debates over boobs and such. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:09 am 
The UnTitled

Well, I hope you saw my post here in the Dune forum about not needing to worry or rush it.

--A ____________________________________

A sense of the sardonic preserves a man from believing in his own pretensions. -The Sayings Of Maud'Dib<i></i>

Post subject: Re: the watch stinks like a skunk
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:51 pm 
Lady Scryer

Moonwatcher, I saw that same thread last night (unless there is more than one of them floating around). I do not know the person who made it - I have not seen many of her posts. I do not know what she may or may not have said to irritate other people. I do not know what they may or may not have said to irritate her back.

But it is truly not pleasant to be introduced, as it were, to someone who is in a state of great hurt and anger.

I'm sure that she is a perfectly nice person when she is not hurt and pissed off, but in the meantime, I have this really ugly first impression of her, which is probably completely false. But unfortunately, it cannot be undone or taken back. It can be changed into a much better second impression, and hopefully it will be!

In the meantime, like Moonwatcher, it makes me want to stay away from the Watch for awhile, until hopefully everything calms down. I have more than enough drama in my daily life from the nature of the work that I do. I do not need more in what should be my relaxation time.

<i></i>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 461 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next