[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - I think I know some of you already, but...

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: I think I know some of you already, but...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:04 am 
Pilot

Here I am anyway. If you're a member of K's Watch, you (hopefully) know who "Holsety" is - well, Holsety was taken already over here, and so was Forseti, so "Forsety" seemed a likely cross. For those of you who are curious, Forseti, son of Baldur, is the norse god of negotiation, peace, and oaths, and Holsety is a wind dragon god AND wind spell from Fire Emblem 4, likely named after the former (or maybe the Norse stole their mythology from a video game.

I may not be active too much today, but I'll try to post in a couple of topics before logging off. Good to see there's a forum for lovers of Zindell; I'm new to him (just finished Neverness ) but after I get through some other stuff I'll order some more of his works.

Thanks to Danlo for the recommendation o'er at Kevin's Watch.

I'll conclude by using a couple of the awesome smilies available.

(Is that last one for dAN?) <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 1/14/07 11:43 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: I think I know some of you already, but...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:23 am 
Lady Scryer

Hey there! Yes, I recognize you from the Watch. I am lucky enough to have the same name at both boards.

Welcome - welcome and true! ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:24 am 
The UnTitled

Welcome to the Hangar Holsety...Forsety...whatever.

Look around. And IIRC, you're a Dune fan. Join us in Planetfall Arrakis...just click my sig.

--A ____________________________________

A sense of the sardonic preserves a man from believing in his own pretensions. -The Sayings Of Maud'Dib<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:45 am 
Master Pilot

Hey! Welcome man! Now read The Broken God and get your butt to Falling to Neverness! Enjoy! Actually it was meant for Aslan in Lewis' Narnia series, but I use it for dAN all the time! *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 1/14/07 11:47 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:42 pm 
Master Pilot

Hi, Foresty. I'm Fist and Faith at the Watch.

Hey, you should really check this out!! kevinswatch.ihugny.com/ph...c.php?t=72 ____________
Highdrake's mastery of spells and sorcery was not much greater than his pupil's, but he had clear in his mind the idea of something very much greater, the wholeness of knowledge. And that made him a mage.<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:33 pm 
Master Pilot

Hiya, Forsety. "Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"<i></i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:59 am 
Pilot

I felt like it would be more appropriate to just post again here. I guess my account went inactive, because I wasn't able to log in, or get my password.

And, umm, I am pretty sure Holsety was taken before, but I guess whoever took it went inactive too? I'd say that I took it, but I think I'd remember doing so in the past...

I just finished The Broken God and....wow. I liked Neverness, and it was very interesting. But while I was always in awe and wonder of Zindell's world, I always felt very distant from what was going on. Even the pilot's war didn't faze me too much.

Broken God stayed entrancing and wonderful, but also became really intense and personal and stuff. Easily kept me up until the wee hours of the morning finishing it. I think it's easily one of the best books I've ever read. I expect I'll spend more time looking for the next two books than I will reading them (1st time through, anyways).

I never did reply to any of these posts.
Duchess, I haven't seen you on the watch recently, and I assume I won't see you here either, but I hope you're doing well. Well, I'm bad at noticing things, so maybe you're still on the watch too.

Av, I've only read Dune, but I should probably join arrakis, go inactive, then read the next few books a year later and return in wonder and awe.

I feel like my actual post is an effective (belatedly effective) response to Danlo's.

Highdrake/Fist, I can't use that link you posted :( Good to see you anyway!

MsMary, are you on the watch? I feel like I remember that name, but when I tried to check it, but it seems like the search function broke (I can't find any topics posted by Holsety, and I KNOW there are some). Either way, I hope to be active here, so it doesn't really matter if you aren't.

And why was my post edited, and why did the smilies go away? :(

EDIT-I see duchess is on here, so whatever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:00 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:18 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
:wave:

Welcome to the Hangar, Holsety! I'll admit you've read more of Zindell than I have (yeah, yeah, danlo, I'll get to Neverness someday), and I feel very welcome here. Make yourself at home!

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:25 am 
The UnTitled

Haha, good to see you. As for Dune, well, we're only busy on the first book, and you've read that, so join the hell in. :D

--A

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:46 am 
Master Pilot

Greetings, Holsety, nice to have you here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:52 pm 
Master Pilot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:43 pm 
Pilot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:25 am 
The UnTitled

:LOLS:

Damn MoonWatcher, that's an...unusual pic you have there. :lol: Looks like something outta Altered State. :D

--A

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:31 am 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix