Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:40 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: A sincere letter of thanks to members and friends!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:28 am 
Master Pilot

Well, apparently, EZboard has done whatever it could to restore all the posts lost on all of it's boards, on it's large network, after this devastating systems hack. It appears that many boards were fortunate enough to get most, if not all, of their lost postings back. Unfortunately that is not the case here. I don't know why--I'll have to ask them when and if I finally calm down. It appears that we were one of the last boards they attemped the process on. We did regain a number of treads in some forums, however most of them only had the first post with all the replies wiped out. In other cases we have completely lost threads going back to '04 and even '03. Syl had an interesting conspiracy theory about the whole thing-but I'd like to believe that's not the case.

In any case the damage has been done. Somehow, being a 200 member plus Gold board for over 3 years, I feel that the Hangar was rudely shortchanged in this matter. In fact, I was so disgruntled by how this board appeared to be treated that I persued avenues to tranfer the Hangar to another board. I found there is no easy and fast way to really do that, besides many other boards do not have anywhere near the image capacity that EZboard does. A number of members here have worked very hard with me to provide and help host many of our beautiful backgrounds, banners, buttons, etc...and I really can't bare losing them.

I really want to thank all our pilots and friends for sticking with us and offering encouragement after this dammdable hack. I was even, at one point, thinking of scrapping the board entirely, especially when I saw all the tons of people's hard work vanish (the Dune forums for example). Well, let's try to reconstruct and move on y'all. We've weathered the Merr pop-up and emoticon crisis and we can weather this. If Danlo can take all the crap thrown at him in the books, we can too.

But again, I really want to thank everyone for their kind words and for sticking through this, heck we've even added 2 new members in the process. Thanks again from the bottom of my heart! *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 1/8/06 6:04 pm
</i>

Post subject: (((((danlo)))))
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:36 am 
Lady Scryer

<i></i>

Post subject: (((((duchess)))))
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:33 am 
Master Pilot

Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i></i>

Post subject: Re: (((((duchess)))))
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:54 am 
Master Pilot

Here's what I just wrote in the Help Forums at EZboard central:

Quote:If you look (link to my 1st post) you'll see the crux of my dilemma. If this can't be restored then the heart and soul of my board is, essentially ripped out. Yes I'm an idiot and should have had the savvy to back up my board. I really don't have any issues with EZboard I'm just wondering if anything else can possibly done. We'll try to move on but a number of forums have been rendered virtually obsolete.

Thanks for listening, we're hanging on by what's left of our fingernails. *****
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 6/28/05 10:54 pm
</i>

Post subject: Re: (((((duchess)))))
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:34 pm 
Master Pilot

We'll do what we can, danlo. But y'know, the board isn't the posts, it's the people, I say. And since the best people on the 'net are here... ________________
I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within my shadow. Change is coming. Now is my time. Listen to my muscle memory. Contemplate what I've been clinging to. -Tool, "Forty-Six & Two" <i></i>

Post subject: Re: (((((danlo and syl)))))
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:42 pm 
Lady Scryer

Things will get better with some time. We lost a lot of fun stuff, and good conversations, but with some time new equally good ones will also happen.

If it ever cools down around here enough for my brain to start working again, I will even restart the Dune read. ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:32 pm 
Pilot

HI,

I'm not a member of your board, but I totally feel your pain. We were fortunate at my board to have not lost TOO much of our content.

Have you tried going to google and looking for info by both your board and by specific user names and clicking on the cache to see if you can retreive old content (you'd have to play copy and paste, but it's better than nothing)

Also, archive.org may have some of your board content in their cache.

I wish you much luck

It's my BLOG and I'll whine if I want to! <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:37 am 
Master Pilot

FWIW, I have nothing to add to this thread; however, I have to commend majiklmoon for the truly outstanding wonderful banner Sarah, Emma, Daniel, David and James (the big BtVS and PoA geek in me just goes all fuzzy for that)! taraswizard
Allan Rosewarne N9SQT/WDX6HQV
Chicago area
W/T forever, always
Plan C - http://planc.bravepages.com/main.html<i></i>

Post subject: Thanks EZatlas!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:23 am 
Master Pilot

I'd like to personally thank EZatlas for reading my post at Help Support and trying to do an additional restore on his own. Obviously it didn't work, but listen: although he does have access it's not part of his duties, he goes well out of his way to establish colorlink boards and additional help guides for board masters. The fact that he, contrary to others in the EZboard Central heirarchy, made the effort speaks volumes. His attempt is really appreciated. *****

Post subject: Re: Thanks EZatlas!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:25 pm 
Lady Scryer

That was indeed very kind of him/her and I would like to add my thanks! ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Thanks EZatlas!!!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:27 pm 
Master Pilot

I'll leave this up through Xmas--we do have to keep moving on---thanks again everyone! *****