Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: What about U? where does ur "handle" come from
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 4:34 pm 
Master Pilot

Oh ho! ranoff is starting 2 open-up! careful--u might bcome 1 of us!U might go from this 2 this ! How far do you fall Pilot?<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:10 am 
Pilot

My old name is plastered everywhere on the net so it's hard to sign up for things because I'm practically signed up everywhere but can't remember the passwords or emails I used. So I had to come up with a new screen name and I thought Fiduciary was a good one. Except it was taken when I signed up for a new ezboard account....Lady of the Wood (from the gap) was taken also.....so I improvised. Fiduciary of the Wood.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 6:20 am 
Master Pilot

fiduciary of the wood .. 'trustee of the wood'

.. I am intrigued by your choice of 'fiduciary' .. mmm but then again .. I remember .. your power if you had one was to make a money tree wasnt it??

how come you by such a nic as fiduciary? is it your love for money m'lady? health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:22 am 
Master Pilot

I'm some old legendary king dude from ASOIAF who had a bunch of incompetent heirs, but they were incompetent b/c they couldn't live up to the expectations of following in my very big footsteps.

I'm definitely not one of BC7's alter ego's, so dont accuse me!!!!!!!

"I say the right things but act the wrong way, I like it right here but I can not stay. I watch the tv forget what I'm told, well I am to young and they are too old. I'll make it you see, I'm never so pleased, pretend to be nice tho I can be mean. I missd the last bus, I'll take the next train. I'll try but you see, its hard to explain." Hard to Explain, The Strokes<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:31 am 
Master Pilot

U sound like Oberon! hahahaha The power of ahimsa is not just the readiness to die. It is the willingness to live. To live utterly without fear - this is a fearsome thing. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 4:39 am 
Pilot

No, it's not for my love of money I peruse the dictionary often and fiduciary happened to be a word I stopped on one day. I do a lot of things on the net, help people with problems, help manage message boards or chat rooms and the likes so I thought fiduciary; "held in trust"; seemed like a worth name. Besides, you need more of the uncommon name today in order to actually find one that is not taken. I like the ring of it and it just seemed to work. So here I am! My other screen name is Jollyfarmer, that is the first name I ever used on the net and it didn't change until this year when I adopted Fiduciary. I can almost safetly say I am Jollyfarmer every where on the net. Any major or well trafficed area I'm sure my name is tactfully assigned to moi. As to how I got the name jollyfarmer....that's a whole other story
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
<i>Edited by: Fiduciary of the Wood  at: 8/4/02 9:40:45 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 12:35 am 
Master Pilot

Mhoram! Mhoram! Mhoram! Number one High Lord in the history of the Land(shoulda used something else, but Id be more recognizable from my screen name HLM on KW). Join my Mhoram thread on Donaldson! Your affectionate uncle, Screwtape<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 6:12 pm 
Pilot

Nerdanel the Wise is the wife of Fëanor and a minor character in The Silmarillion by J. R. R. Tolkien, the best book in the universe. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 7:26 pm 
Master Pilot

True, so true... The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 10/7/03 8:06 am
</i>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:33 am 
Master Pilot

origin of nickname, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Tara the witch introduced in Season 4, during the episode Hush the one where the voices are stolen aka the silent episode, and played wonderfully by Amber Benson taraswizard
Allan Rosewarne N9SQT/WDX6HQV
Chicago area
W/T forever, always
Plan C - http://planc.bravepages.com/main.html<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:12 am 
Master Pilot

cool Tara's wizard .. lol taraswizard

I am a big buffy fan .. and facing a future without buffy is gonna be as tuff as facing it without tara .. who was awesome!!

and I love Amber Benson .. have i mentioned my maiden name was Benson ...*shameless attempt at a connection* lol

my nic .. is a non-gender specific nic of choice .. based on a landmark from Stephen Reeder Donaldsons "Chronicles of Thomas Covenant" my favouritest read of all time

and i usually have a Unicorn as my av choice cos i like unicorns ..

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!

'health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:45 pm 
Master Pilot

I couldn't think of a name to sign up with on the Watch, so I picked a name from the glossary of Lord Foul's Bane, one that was too obscure to be linked with a character, and kept it. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:30 pm 
Master Pilot

Skywier wrote awhile ago Quote:cool Tara's wizard .. lol taraswizard

I am a big buffy fan .. and facing a future without buffy is gonna be as tuff as facing it without tara .. who was awesome!!

and I love Amber Benson .. have i mentioned my maiden name was Benson ...*shameless attempt at a connection* lol
Sorry for not responding sooner. I think your reply is kinda sweet. No BtVS has made this fall and winter a little less full. However, Angel endures. Lots of folks I know who were (that should probably be are) B fans, are watching Tru Calling with Eliza Dushku. And it's pretty good.

Lastly, no Tara in Season 7 was a hard, hard pill for lots of us to swallow (Bad, bad Joss. He's a wicked evil genius) taraswizard
Allan Rosewarne N9SQT/WDX6HQV
Chicago area
W/T forever, always
Plan C - http://planc.bravepages.com/main.html<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:34 pm 
Master Pilot

My moniker is derived from Samuel Taylor Coleridge's Kubla Khan, or A Vision in a Dream: A Fragment,

"In Xanadu did Kubla Khan
A stately pleasure-dome decree :
Where Alph, the sacred river, ran
Through caverns measureless to man
Down to a sunless sea."

... via the song Xanadu, by the Canadian power trio Rush:

"To seek the sacred river Alph
To walk the caves of ice
To break my fast on honey dew
And drink the milk of Paradise..."

In the Rush song, the mysterious place is rumored to be a source of immortality, and the determined narrator goes in search of it, getting more than he bargained for:

"A thousand years have come and gone
But time has passed me by
Stars stopped in the sky
Frozen in an everlasting view
Waiting for the world to end
Weary of the night
Praying for the light
Prison of the lost - Xanadu"

To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice ...<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:50 pm 
Pilot

Mine is from Stephen R. Donaldson's sci fi The Gap, my all-time favorite epic. Min Donner is head of UMCP Enforcement Division under Director Dios. She is called Dios' Executioner. I don't execute people, but I like Min's strength and loyalty.

Joy

<i></i>