Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:06 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: What about YOU? where does your "handle" come from
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 11:38 pm 
Master Pilot

Arwenavery started a topic on the Tolkien pages called "What about U?" This seemed to be a more appropriate place for it: my Internet name should be apparent to anyone who has ever read any of the 3 books in A Requiem for Homo Sapiens: The Broken God, the Wild or The War in Heaven. If you haven't read Neverness please do so before you read Requiem--it makes them much, much better... Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 12/30/05 8:42 am
</i>

Post subject: Re: What about U? where does ur "handle" come from
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:36 am 
Master Pilot

If there's anyone interested in fantasy that doesn't know who King Theoden is: He's the Lord of the Mark in Rohan (The Two Towers from Lord of the Rings). He'll be much in the limelight when The Two Towers shows in December. He has a cool horse named Snowmane. I am using an avatar that shows what I think Snowmane must have looked like. Rohan is a place of beautiful horses. Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 3:14 am 
Master Pilot

Foamfollower is cool. That's all I have to say.

~Foamy~ <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 5:39 am 
Master Pilot

Skyweir is big .. thats all I have to say health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 1:27 am 
Master Pilot

Skyweir, your name always brings visions of the Dragonriders of Pern and the living quarters called weyrs, and since they were close to the sky: skyweyr! Arise now, Riders of Théoden!Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded!Forth Eorlingas!<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 5:34 am 
Master Pilot

You do remember Melenkurion Skyweir .. well thats where I borrowed my nic from .. and dont ask why? I truly have no real clue .. it just sounded good to me!

and I like that it was the highest peek in the Land appropriately lofty for my tastes!!

I am tainted with an inner desire for valiance and great acts of heroism. It stems from an innate arrogance I possess.

but its the 'innateness' of it that intrigues me ..

health and healing<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 3:23 pm 
Master Pilot

the highest peek in the land would have 2 come from an 8ft tall "peeping Tom"! Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 7:54 pm 
Master Pilot

LOL @ Sky and danlo!

~Foamy~ <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 2:17 pm 
Master Pilot

.. that'd be right .. pick on the spelling challenged

.. there's got to be something fundamentally non-pc about that!

I find that at the very heart of a lot of 'Tom's' .. there resides a voracious and rabid propensity for the act of ... 'Peeping' !! ..

where do you think that title comes from .. Peeping Tom!! It wasnt a Dick or Harry .. or Trevor .. no no no .. No sir .. You better believe it was a Tom, .. Tom! health and healing<i>Edited by: Skywier  at: 5/6/02 10:16:26 am
</i>

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 5:40 pm 
Pilot

Well, then....

My nickname (sorry, "nic" sounds too much like "nicotine" to me) is from the healing berries, and the plant of the same name, from the Thomas Covenant series. I picked it 'cause I thought it sounded cool, and also because aliantha berries are one of my favorite things about the 1st Chrons. Those, and Andelain...and the giants...and.... <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 2:38 pm 
Master Pilot

Mary Malone, PhD is a scientist in the His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman. I picked it when I first joined the HDM board at EZBoard (actually even before that, when HDM was at Coolboards), because I am also a scientist by training.
I kept it when I came to KW because it was too much trouble to log in and out different nicknames (which is what Foamfollower does. ). I continue to use it here because: 1) This is an EZBoard, so I am already registered with that name. 2) This is the name you all know me by and it's too much trouble to pick out a new name.

~MsMary~ <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 3:06 pm 
Master Pilot

And a great name 'tis **in an Irish accent** I just saw the Pullman EZboard yesterday and was intrigued--have 2 go back and check it out! Care 2 start a topic on HDMs MMM? Fall Far and Well Pilots!<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 7:09 pm 
Master Pilot

Well mine's obvious to those who've read The Silmarillion. As for the 7, I keep forgetting passwords. My alter egos are plastered all over Ezboard. "Some of the Scottish troops ran for five miles before they were killed. Others threw themselves into the sea. The number of dead is impossible to calculate, but there must have been several thousand. They included 5 Scottish Earls. The few prisoners who had been taken were put to death on Edward III's order, a final act of savagery for which there is no rational explanation. English casualties were light. Halidon Hill 19 July 1333Edward III Puts Scotland to the Sword, For a very Long Time.<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 2:38 pm 
Master Pilot

the "60" in my name came from the fact that some1 already had my nickname on MSN--I think that some1 was, actually, me! oops! How far do you fall Pilot?<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 4:25 pm 
Pilot

Wish fulfillment and state of mind. <i></i>