Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: ezboard issues
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:55 am 
Master Pilot

OK here:Quote:Hello everyone,

Our update today has one important change from yesterday. We have decided to undertake one more global forum and topic reload tonight. Following that reload, all content/threads/posts/data that can be brought restored will have been restored.

We will be following the reload with sorting posts into chronological order tomorrow and Thursday. This activity will be monitored to ensure that it does not create slowness on the boards. If there is slowness on the boards we will have to adjust the process and the sorting process may take more time as a result.

We are now turning our attention to the reinstatement of lapsed Gold Community subscriptions and Community Chest funds. The reinstatement of subscriptions and Community Chest funds will take at least a week or two. We still expect to announce plans for compensation to ezboard Gold communities, and answer other economic questions, this week. Until after those announcements have been made, we will not be responding to emails or posts with questions or demands related to particular communities.

We met again yesterday with the FBI and are identifying and providing additional data for the investigation. If you have any information that may lead to the conviction of an individual please e-mail it to: legal@ezboard.com. Once again, please refrain from sending us conspiracy theories. The best information is IP addresses of the source of strange activities on your board and pointers to places where someone is bragging about taking down ezboard.

Thank you all again. We deeply regret the attack and the impact it has had you and your peers and we are very grateful for your patience and support.

Something better happen soon!!!! *****
Before, you are wise; after, you are wise. In between you are otherwise.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:45 pm 
Lady Scryer

Well, unfortunately, it sounds like we probably won't be getting anything back.

Serious depression here.

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:25 am 
Master Pilot

Today's message:
Quote:The final forum and topic reload is continuing to run. Following that reload, all content/threads/posts/data that can be restored will have been restored.

We will be following the reload with sorting posts into chronological order – the sorting will begin this evening. This activity will be monitored to ensure that it does not create slowness on the boards. If there is slowness on the boards we will have to adjust the process and the sorting process may take more time as a result.

We still expect to announce plans for compensation to ezboard Gold communities, and answer other economic questions, this week. Until after those announcements have been made, we will not be responding to emails or posts with compensation questions or demands related to particular communities.

Thank you all again. We deeply regret the attack and the impact it has had on you and your peers and we are very grateful for your patience and support.

The board, at least to me, is moving faster now--it been damm slow for 3 out of the last 4 hours. Is this a sign that something happening--I have to hope so. Please let me know if you see any signs of life in the next 4 days as I will be so consumed with schoolwork that I really won't have any time to be here. *****

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:35 am 
Lady Scryer

It looks like some of the newer threads (thought not all posts i nthe threads) have come back in at least one forum -- the Donaldson forum. I am almost afraid to look elsewhere -- if the Dune read is gone, I know I will tempted to cry... ******************************************************

Our lives are the songs that sing the universe into existence.~David Zindell
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:05 pm 
Master Pilot

That sounds a bit encouraging, and according to this:Quote:The final forum and topic reload has been completed, and we began sorting posts into chronological order last night. We have stopped the resorting process temporarily in the interest of maintaining speed and consistency of service, and will resume the resorting process during off-peak hours.

Our policy on compensation to ezboard Gold communities, and answers to other economic questions, has been posted as a separate Important Announcement at p079.ezboard.com/fezboard...=527.topic

Thank you all again. We appreciate your support and patience during the recovery from the attack, and look forward to working together to both complete the recovery and move ahead with your communities and the network. there is still some restoral hope.
Fravashi saying (from the formularies of Osho the Fool) <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 6/23/05 9:33 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:10 pm 
Master Pilot

Yes there seems to be some '05 restore action going on in SRD and Endless Shadows. *****

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:02 am 
Master Pilot

Dune still looks kind of depleted, or have I just not been visiting that forum enough? "If we lived in a State where virtue was profitable, common sense would make us good, and greed would make us saintly. And we'd live like animals or angels in the happy land that needs no heroes. But since in fact we see that avarice, anger, envy, pride, sloth, lust, and stupidity commonly profit far beyond humility, chastity, fortitude, justice and thought, and have to choose, to be human at all...why then perhaps we must stand fast a little - even at the risk of being heroes." - Sir Thomas More, "A Man For All Seasons," by Robert Bolt<i></i>

Post subject: ezboard problems
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:25 am 
Lady Scryer

Dune was completely wiped out, along with all 14 chapters of the group read that had been done. The only threads there are the ones I started the other night.

Please start whatever threads you wish, and post like a madman there, Dave.

I noticed that my Elohimfest Diary was pretty much wiped out, too, along with the comments from the other participants. Luckily I can go to my blog and copy and paste and fix at least that thread. Whew. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:55 pm 
Master Pilot

There's no way we're back up to 9 daily visits (I wish!) so something's still going on...what it is... *****