Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Lets talk other Forums
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 2:12 pm 
Master Pilot

What other forums are you part of?? Is there any other TC forums on the net? Im a member at KW and the Gap of Rohan(I only have 11 posts there...) and of course, the Hangar. What about you! What forums are you on?! Further up, and further in!<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Lets talk other Forums
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 2:26 pm 
Master Pilot

There r a few others TC forums (within discussion boards) that have something going on. And the 1 or 2 full boards that were out there kinda shut down when they saw Kevin's Watch. In all my searching, so far, I would have 2 say 4 TC discussions the Hangar's SRD forum is 2nd biggest--but that's not fair either as part of the reason I built this place was 2 serve as a KW annex. I'm a member here, at Kevin's Watch and A Song of Ice and Fire. I'm awaiting membership approval at Shores of Valeria. And I'm a a fringe member of Orion's Arm, Midnight Drifters, Elenia and Realms of the Fantastic. Two boards that I used 2 b a member of are Fortress of Light and VALIS. The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 10/5/02 3:36:50 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 9:06 pm 
Master Pilot

What are these boards about? Further up, and further in!<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 10:36 pm 
Master Pilot

Shores of Valeria is a beautiful Tolkien Board from the UK run by a couple of Madmen. Beren introduced me 2 this board which u can reach by clicking our Tolkien banner! A Song of Fire and Ice is a George R. R. Martin discussion site that Beren and Ran introduced me 2- u can reach that board in the Martin forum and through the ezboard ring down below. Elenia and Midnight Drifters are also available on the ezboard ring. Queen Ehlana is a member here and admin of Elenia: a Tolkien/Eddings site--also a sister site. Midnight Drifters is a fantasy and fun site with tons of very cool artwork: dragons, dragons, dragons!!! Beautiful board as well! The Hangar is on their Top 100 fantasy sites--get on over there and vote 4 us! (we are also on Dark Legion's (Tolkien) Top 100 list).

Orion's Arm is listed in Sci-Fi links it's a discussion board of real hi-tech future-casting Sci-Fi freaks working on the future NOW! It's an amazing project and a nice board--just don't get on their mailing list--or all their discussions will pop up on your email--I had 42 emails 1 day!!! VALIS is an incredibly IN YOUR FACE Phillip K. Dick board and Fortress is a Sci/Fi, Fantasy and writter's workshop--outstanding opening banner, btw. Realms is a cute little ezboard that's fun 2 escape to every now and then, nobody ever posts there and it needs members!! The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 10/5/02 3:46:49 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 11:05 pm 
Master Pilot

Im afraid Im not too big of a Tolkien fan to join any of these big forums...Im going to search for a Lewis forum...outta ezboard. Ill vote for you, Danlo! Further up, and further in!<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 12:52 am 
Master Pilot

I'm a member of KW, and I also hang out at a few other forums...namely:

Hatrack River
The Philotic Web
(both of the above are Orson Scott Card sites...the first one is <i> his</i> site)
His Dark Materials - another EZBoard forum
Idealists' Haven - an X-Files fan site
and, occasionally:
Readerville - a general book-lovers' site

~Foamy~ <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 6:39 am 
Pilot

I'm also a member of
Kevin's Watch
The White Council (my main board - it's about Tolkien and very active) <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 5:23 pm 
Master Pilot

I'm very embarrased mhoram! While I thank u for voting 4 me--it's every1's Hangar--so vote 4 us!! I have just added Crooky's forums 2 the ezboard ring: A Phillip Pullman discussion page Ms. Mary & Foamy have been 2. You do need 2 get out of ezboard! When I punch in C. S. Lewis in "forumfind" only the Hangar pops up... The true human being is the meaning of the universe. He is a dancing star. He is the exploding singularity with infinite possibilities. <i>Edited by: danlo60 at: 10/6/02 5:54:41 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 7:50 pm 
Master Pilot

I am a member of several other forums:

The Hatrack River Forum, the official site of Orson Scott Card, where I spend a lot of my time. Great community of folks over there - we discuss everything from OSC's writing to just about everything under the sun:
hatrack.com/ubb/cgi/Ultimate.cgi

The Philotic Web, a site dedicated to the fans of OSCard's book Ender's Game:
philoticweb.net/

Readerville, a site for readers with a variety of forums on specific authors/books, writing categories, and so forth:
readerville.com

Crooky's His Dark Materials, a forum which started out as a discussion of Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy - but now we discuss many other books and topics, as well:
pub80.ezboard.com/fcrookysforumsfrm1

Kevin's Watch

And a nursing forum, since I am a nurse.

~MsMary~ "Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"<i>Edited by: MsMaryMalone  at: 10/7/02 5:14:47 pm
</i>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:32 pm 
Master Pilot

Your link to PWeb doesn't work.

~Foamy~ <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:31 am 
Master Pilot

Thank you all for your info on other forums! I really wanna find a Narnia one...havent had time. Further up, and further in!<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:54 am 
Master Pilot

No such luck...all I could find was the one on Into the Wardrobe...and it was ineffecient, and confusing. If any Narnians here finds one, or is a member of one...tell me! Further up, and further in!<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 1:06 am 
Master Pilot

Foamy, I fixed the Pweb link - it works again!

~MsMary~ "Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 3:44 pm 
Master Pilot

I just found a beautiful and fun little 4rum called Woods of Fantasy, I stuck it in the ezboard ring (below) just 4 kicks!
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.
Lyall Watson
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 4:04 pm 
Master Pilot

Welcome, Castle Amber, to the Hangar's ez ring! There are brand new forums on Zelazny, Tolkien, Feist, and more! Further up, and further in!<i></i>