[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - I have returned, sort of

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: I have returned, sort of
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:04 pm 
The Timekeeper

Dang it feels weird being here after such a long time. Hi Hangar! I love you! I do have links to here and Kevin's Watch on my facebook timeline. So somebody new has, probably, at least, taken a gander. I have over 4600 friends on facebook, but I'm and odd user I work to find solutions to real life and death issues, to promote peace on earth and environmental harmony. I play a lot of music, many times tied into causes or the mood, or theme, of the day. I've been doing a LOT of activism work for the past 6 years and now, like many, many years on Kevin's Watch and trying to develop this site, it's taken it's toll on me and I'm stepping away from it before I get totally burned out. I was involved in the Occupy movement here, and it's infamous split, and then I was a Coordinator of Central New Move to Amend (a Nat'l affiliate of a group that's seeks to overturn the Supreme Court's Citizens United decision and get money out of politics) with over 300 members, became a Veterans for Peace, Attempted, with my partner, to form New Mexico Advocates for Change, but the SAMSA grant blew up at the last second. I joined the Coordinating Council of the Albuquerque Center for Peace and Justice and was it's President for the past two years. Accomplished a lot of good there overseeing grant work for the installation for a new storefront with an automatic door, a new solar panel array, a new service door and refrigerator, recusing the flooring and repainting the Peace Hall and the north wall. For Move to Amend we put on 6 rallies, including the big Occupy the Courts event, three press conferences, almost got a resolution to get big money out of politics passed by the Albq. City Council, helped work with state legislators to pass a joint memorial on that same issue. Hosted speaking events including Move to Amend's Nat'l Director and Alternative Radio's host, David Barsamian and put together two City Council and mayoral candidates forum as well as promoting and leading support to Sallie-Alice Thompson's walk from Albq. to Santa Fe at 91 YEARS OLD to get money out of politics. I'm getting exhausted thinking about all this, whew. I attended the loveasrevolution festival in Madrid for two days for the Peace Center and went with a group of Center friends to Sackcloth and Ashes 70th anniversary of the bombing of Nagaski at Los Alamos where I met the Rev. John Dear and Rev. John Lewis (the man who imparted non-violent methods to Dr. Martin Luther King...it was a GREAT honor) and saw Medea Benjamin and Kathy Kelly speak and there solidified my friendship with the author Rivera Sun and Dariel Gardener of Pace Bene and the Council for a Non-Violent World. What else, I've taken three sessions on Non Violent Communication and for a little while participated in a Peace bookclub reading John Dear, Thich Nhat Hahn, Corman McCarthy and two books on Ghandi. I've worked with the US Districts office on the Albq. Police Force's Consent Decree on reducing lethal force representing myself and the Peace Center and met with the Mayor and his "community outreach group at the Center. I consider myself a friend to many of the families that have lost loved ones to "unjustified" APD shootings and have even attended the 13 week APD Civilian Police Academy in an attempt to bridge the gap, or attempt see things from the other side. I'm pulling totally away now tending seven, from very large to small, gardens in my back yard and doing a lot of jumping on Grace's new trampoline she just got for her 11th birthday on EARTH DAY!!! However, I have been working with different groups on the establishment of a low-powered FM station that's going to come on-air in about a month and plan to go to production workshops to put on my own issues and answers show, with killer music, of course. Amy Goodman was in town last night to speak and benefit KQUQ and it was terribly inspiring. So hi! :wave:

Post subject: Re: I have returned, sort of
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:14 am 
Master Pilot

Good to see a post from you, danlo. I think its really cool the work you are doing for others. The world would be a much better place if we were all more like you.
I have returned too. Sort of. I recently decided to spend more time at Kevinswatch after being extremely busy for a few years. I found that activity has dropped considerably and there are a host of members that either stopped posting or rarely post. But there is still an active core which I found reassuring. One of the reasons I returned was that Football season was about to begin and I thought that this year I'd participate in the Watch fantasy football and weekly picks game.
Both have disappeared. Now Avatar is pushing for the millionth post and I'm trying to participate more.
Anyway when I saw you hadn't posted at the watch for a couple of years I decided to drop by the hanger to see if I could find out what is up. I guess I found out though your post is a few months old.
All the best Tom. I hope you can drop by the watch at some point. The damn thing just isn't the same without you. :-)

Post subject: Re: I have returned, sort of
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:25 pm 
Master Pilot

Hi, danlo and aTOMiC!

danlo: Paragraphs, man! ;) It's hard to read that mass of text you posted. ;)

I do see you on FB, but nice to see you dropping in here. :)

I check in about every 6 months. ;)

It's been dead around here.