[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - duchess' situation

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: duchess' situation
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:26 pm 
The Timekeeper

Avatar and I have been trying to get duchesses account reactivated for the last 4 days. Somehow it was compromised a nasty spam artist she was attempting to delete or deactivate. Hopefully she can log on today with a different email. If not we'll have to get Vain's assistance.

Post subject: Re: duchess' situation
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:51 pm 
The Timekeeper

duchess is still having serious, serious problems logging in on with either of her emails. Whatever that spammer did it really Grillied her up. She's going to try to log in under a different name using both emails today, if not I'll have to PM Vain and have him inspect the site and find some way to help her, even through pbpBB if necessary, to get her back on....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:01 pm 
Pilot

The guys have been trying very hard to fix my account. It has not let me log in for several days now. I have created this new account in an attempt to be able to post on the board. Looks like it is working so far! :sky:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:54 pm 
Master Pilot

Glad to see you back, Duchess.:)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:33 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
Welcome back, Duchess!

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:20 pm 
The Timekeeper

OK see if you can move around as an admin, at all, if not I'll need Av to set your groups and permissions...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:53 am 
The UnTitled

Hang on, so your old account is not working at all?

Do you get an error message?

Did you try using a different email address? (Danlo changing your email to the new one, and then you should get a reactivation mail. Did that happen?)

If not, I'm probably going to hijack your account this weekend, give it my own email and password etc and see if I can do anything. This shouldn't be happening.

--A

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:33 pm 
Pilot

Av, my old account is blocked from signing on to the board with BOTH of my emails. Whenever I have tried to sign on I get a message that I have tried to sign on too many times and it gives me a scramble box. When I type in what is in the scramble box it still does not work.

The last thing I remember doing with my old account is getting rid of some spam that, along with the cyrillic spam stuff said in English something to the effect of "Go ahead and delete this". Has made me wonder if the spam or spammer did something to my account.

Please play with my old account to your heart's content. I really want you guys to figure out what has happened because if it WAS the spam, the same thing could happen to you or Danlo or any of the board moderators.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:50 pm 
The Timekeeper

Well, I was going to say all that, but duchess, apparently, did that while I was posting... :shifty:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:22 am 
The UnTitled

I can't see how it would be the spam. I'll do some research into it though. And I'll try take over your account. Will let you know what happens.

--A

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:18 pm 
Lady Scryer

There ya go. Think I sorted it out. Deactivated it...(was in the quick tools), changed email and password, then reactivated. Logged in, got the captcha, completed it, and I was in. *shrug*

Duchess, I'm gonna PM the current password to your new account, then you can go in and change the password and email back again and make sure it's still good.

--A

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:23 pm 
The UnTitled

Haha, and that was your 9301st post. :D

(And I deleted two spammers today. ;) )

--A

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:05 pm 
Pilot

got a text from another member today that said he also was getting the "you have tried to sign on too many times" and the scramble box. some sort of board glitch??? :?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:14 pm 
Lady Scryer

Av, looks like you managed to fix it! :D 8) :mrgreen: :sky:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:25 pm 
The Timekeeper

You're going to HAVE to tell me how you did that in detail---I must know all your tricks Mr. Blackstone!!!! :sneak: :P 8)