[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Spring is here - YAY!!!

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:23 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Spring is here - YAY!!!
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:39 pm 
Lady Scryer

And all of a sudden...it is summer. Sunny and scorching hot - up in the eighties - today. :faint:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:20 pm 
Master Pilot

We're supposed to be near 80 today and closer to 90 tomorrow. Which isn't surprising, as Memorial Day is typically the start of the big summer heat for us. I figure I'll be turning on the a/c tomorrow for good 'til, oh, September or October.

My books:

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:10 pm 
The UnTitled

Cooling down...daytime highs have dropped to around 70°F...cold in the mornings and evenings too.

--A

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:21 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:58 am 
Master Pilot

The winter feel has definitely hit in my part of the world. Right now the weather is stunning - constant cool, dry, sunny, calm days with Autumn leaves... temperatures are around 15C (59F).

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:46 pm 
The UnTitled

Yeah, it's coming this way too. Weekend is set to be cold and miserable. Which suits me, as I don't wanna do anything. :D

--A

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:28 pm 
Lady Scryer

Terrible weather Sunday night. My husband sat up all night watching the weather radar to get us all under cover if a tornado hit. One was out in Manchester heading directly towards Saline (and then us) but dissipated just in time. A big tornado hit the town to the south of our town, Dundee. Hurt a bunch of people and did a helluva lot of property damage. The noon news said it did so much damage to the power lines that the whole grid for the town will have to be redone from scratch. It is always sad to see places you know and have been taken wholly or partially out by a natural disaster. :( Thankfully everyone I personally know who lives in Dundee came out of he storms OK. Another big one hit just south of Toledo, Ohio - less than an hour from here (depending on traffic). Hurt and killed a bunch of people, took out a high school where my kids have wrestled in tournaments. :(

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:35 pm 
Master Pilot

Saw that about Toledo, Duchess. Glad to hear you and yours in Michigan are okay.

The same storm came through our area last night, but thankfully it didn't generate the same kind of destruction here. At least it brought our temperatures and humidity down. We slept with the windows open last night for the first time in weeks. 8)

My books:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:37 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:06 pm 
The UnTitled

It's bloody freezing...where's the winter thread? :lol:

--A

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:26 pm 
Lady Scryer

It's bloody hot and humid here. We're under a heat advisory here - in the nineties and humid. Luckily we usually only get a few days like this per year.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:40 pm 
Master Pilot

The forecast here calls for several days this week close to 100. :faint:

My books:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:12 am 
Lady Scryer

That's horrid Ali! After only two days of this heat, the authorities are already reporting one heat related death. (All of our architecture is built with winter in mind and keeps heat inside rather than being open and allowing heat to escape).

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:52 am 
Master Pilot

We get lots of icky-sticky-hot-and-humid summer weather here, so we don't bother trying to rely on ventilation -- we go straight to the a/c. 8)

The highs at the official reporting stations in DC today: National Airport, 102; Dulles Airport, 100; BWI Airport, 105 (which set a record there). Humidity wasn't totally miserable today, but it's supposed to pop up some tomorrow, and the temperatures are forecasted to be just as outrageous -- so I am definitely bringing my lunch again! :lol: It's 82 degrees outside now, at not quite 11pm.

My books:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:44 am 
Lady Scryer

At least the heat is supposed to break up (for us at least) sometime tomorrow (Wednesday) night. :sky: :sky: :sky:

Image Image Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next