[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Spring is here - YAY!!!

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:12 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Spring is here - YAY!!!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:02 pm 
The UnTitled

Long weekend here, Monday is Woman's Day, so it's a public holiday. Weather still good, low 20's, but a cold snap expected next week.

--A

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:23 pm 
Master Pilot

Last week was crazy. We had a line of thundershowers roll through Thursday afternoon. Should've been your garden-variety summer afternoon thunderboomers. But I think we had a microburst -- a whole bunch of trees came down, many of them snapped in half. :shock: A couple of power poles also snapped, sending wires and transformers tumbling to the ground. We ended up being without power for 36 hours -- then had to cram all our errands and stuff into what was left of the weekend. So I *still* don't have all the camping stuff put away....

Oh -- and the seasons are doing weird things here, as well. Last weekend while camping, I saw several trees with their leaves starting to change. Granted we were in the mountains, but still, late July is pretty darn early for red and yellow to start appearing...

My books:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:07 pm 
The UnTitled

Freezing again. :lol:

--A

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:08 pm 
Lady Scryer

It has been a bizarre summer. :?

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:09 pm 
The UnTitled

And Winter. ;)

--A

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:13 pm 
Master Pilot

Another line of strong thunderstorms went through here this morning, which is *such* a weird time for them. More trees down, power outages galore, streets and a couple of Metro stations flooded. We hadn't lost power as of when I left home this morning; I hope that's still true....

My books:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:10 pm 
Lady Scryer

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:04 pm 
Master Pilot

Yeah, thanks for sending them our way, Duchess. :lol:

Our power stayed on, thank goodness -- the storms pounded the northern side of DC worse than us.

Last night was so pleasant that Magickmaker and I walked down to Shirlington Village and had dinner. Well, we were also celebrating her getting her driver's license.... Today is quite pleasant, too. (Dunno why I'm sitting inside drinking coffee. :lol:) Maybe fall really *will* come....

My books:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:22 pm 
Lady Scryer

In the meantime we are supposed to have strong storms again today...and tomorrow. :razz:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:07 pm 
The UnTitled

Warming up again here. Finally.

--A

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:49 pm 
Lady Scryer

Thankfully it is cooling down here to normal summer temps (low eighties during the day, sixties at night). :sky: :sky: :sky: :sky: :sky:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:13 pm 
The UnTitled

What's that in Celcius? :lol:

--A

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:24 pm 
Master Pilot

http://www.wbuf.noaa.gov/tempfc.htm
(We should sticky that somehow. I'm always wondering how hot/cold it is for you Southern Hemispheriacs but am usually too lazy to look it up. :lol:)

85 Farenheit is about 30 Celsius. 65 Farenheit is about 18 Celsius.

We're still hovering around the 90-degree (32 Celsius ;) ) mark here in DC during the day. I don't expect significant daytime cooling for another couple of weeks, at least. Ick. *So* done with summer.

My books:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:04 am 
Lady Scryer

Yeah, cannot wait for fall. We had tornadoes AGAIN the other day. Thankfully for us (though obviously not for the people where they hit) they hit the northern Detroit area instead of the southwestern Detroit area. Tons of property damage (they had to bring in bulldozers to clear the downed trees from the roads) but no deaths.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:56 pm 
The UnTitled

30-32 is around our mid-summer temps...hotter some days, cooler others. But where I am, we don't usually get much hotter. 35 is considered very hot for Jo'burg.

--A

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next