[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - gardening - veggies/herbs/flowers/fruit 2009

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:56 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: gardening - veggies/herbs/flowers/fruit 2009
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:54 pm 
Master Pilot

I had to move all the plants in off the porch this morning, as the apartment complex has somebody coming in to pressure-wash the siding. Didn't want my plants to get shredded. I'm sure they'll be fine inside for one day, as long as the cat doesn't decide to snack on 'em....

Update: The dwarf Alberta spruce did in fact "grow back into the ground" (as my mom used to say). I hauled out the carcass a couple of weeks back and put in a caladium, which seems to be doing fine in its place. The garlic bulb did not survive the transplanting (tho the chives seem ecstatic to have the extra room) but I have another garlic clove sprouting, so I stuck that one in the same pot and we'll see what happens. The cherry tomato plant has about 15 little tomatoes on it, but so far they're all still green -- which doesn't surprise me, given the cool, wet spring we've had. And yesterday I picked a few basil leaves for a caprese sandwich. Everything else is growing nicely. :mrgreen: Oh, the lilies of the valley never did come up; what I seem to have instead is a pot full of shamrocks and grass. Ah well....

My books:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:37 pm 
Master Pilot

Picked my first cherry tomato last week -- it was tasty! And a couple more are just about red enough. :drool:

My books:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:24 am 
Lady Scryer

went out in a gentle rain and planted some mums today - six plants in full flower in six different colors. 8)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:01 pm 
Master Pilot

It's just about that time, isn't it? I saw some mums for sale at the grocery store this weekend.

Not sure what I'm going to do about the hanging baskets. I have two, both planted with petunias and pink geraniums. One seems to be doing okay, but the petunias have all pretty much croaked in the other one. I don't really want to put in a mum, but I'm not sure what else to do, this late in the season -- pansies, maybe? Hmm...

My books:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:27 pm 
Lady Scryer

pansies like cooler weather 8)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:35 pm 
Master Pilot

Yeah, and we've got at least another month or two of heat, here in the Mid-Atlantic. Bah, maybe I'll just take the dead one down....

My books:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:32 am 
Lady Scryer

we're having autumn temperatures here already - it has been an awesome cool summer with most days with highs in the sixties and seventies and very low eighties. only a handful of days ofhellish heat and humidity.

might be the nicest summer weather-wise I have ever experienced. :heaven:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:19 pm 
Master Pilot

Ours has been really nice, too, which is unusual. It's only been stinkin' hot (the dreaded Three H's: hazy, hot and humid) for the past couple of weeks. I'm anticipating a stinkin' hot September, but hoping to be pleasantly surprised. :)

My books: