[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Ahira's Hangar • View topic - Winter is coming! BRRRRRRR!!

Ahira's Hangar

David Zindell's Neverness, A Requiem for Homo Sapiens and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Winter is coming! BRRRRRRR!!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:17 pm 
Lady Scryer

I took a long walk today before going in to work. It is chilly, but beautiful, with technicolor fall foliage in full glory. 8) 8) 8)

But that will change tomorrow. What was a freaking blizzard out in Nebraska and Kansas is due to roll in, though thankfully it will only bring lots of wind and rain here. :shock:

It is supposed to be cold and rainy the next several days. :( I think all of the fall leaves will be gone soon. :( (Well, they will still be here dead on the ground to clean up and burn - just not hanging all lovely on the trees). :wink:

They had snow in upstate New York last night. :(

And today I got the first dreaded phone call of the year (other than political robocalls :wink: ) - from the High School, telling me that my son was puking, and to come fetch him home. Ah, the public school system and the spread of germs once the cooler weather moves in and keeps the kids inside too much. :razz: :razz: :razz: And yes - I am sure that there is no coincidence that wrestling practices started last week. :razz: :razz: :razz:

Image Image Image

Post subject: Re: Winter is coming! BRRRRRRR!!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:21 am 
Master Pilot

There was a major snowstorm in Saskatchewan last month (I think) that thankfully didn't come our way. The weather this week has been relatively mild. No snow has been forecast so far.

What affects me more is the shortening days. Don't forget to change your clocks next weekend (Nov 2) - unless you're in Saskatchewan, heh. Snow I can handle, but it's harder to wake up for work when it's dark outside. I mean, I'll wake up, but I won't be really awake.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:11 pm 
The UnTitled

No daylight savings here. Not that it matters, since we operate on Africa time anyway, which is always a few hours or days out of synch, depending on what you need done. :lol:

Well it's summer here in theory...been pretty cold and miserable. Only hope Monday is good so I can get some climbing in while I'm at home. (hmmm...weather report is favourable if you can trust them... )

--A

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:31 pm 
Master Pilot

Our weather here in Tampa is projected to cool significantly by early next week. How much you ask? We're expecting lows in the high 50s. I know, I know. That's hardly "cold" but we don't get cool weather much before November and this is going to be a nice sneak peek of Winter. :-)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:22 pm 
"It is not death. It is purpose."

Location: The Harper Hall, Fort Hold, the Northern Continent, Pern
The past week has been awesome weather for Gator Town.
Puts me in the mood to start planning a certain mini-elohimfest at ... ;)

The world gets new-made every time you blink folks. Drop some of that baggage. ;)
~Avatar

When the Power of Love overcomes the love of power, the World will know Peace. ~Jimi Hendrix

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:19 pm 
Master Pilot

It's been cool here in DC, but *very* dry. We're supposed to get rain tomorrow for the first time in almost a month.

I've been bummed about the shorter days, too. It's dark now when I get up *and* dark when I get home. :( I guess it'll be better after daylight time ends. For a little while, anyhow.

My books:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:41 pm 
Lady Scryer

Today when I saw the local weather forecast they said that on Monday, when the backside (very appropriate term in this case :twisted: ) of the storm finally comes through, we will get a winter mix of rain and snow. :cry: We'll be getting tons of rain in the meantime.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm 
Lady Scryer

Ah, to be paid to be so inaccurate. :wink: :lol:

It was supposed to rain like hell all day. Instead it is party cloudy and warmer, with a brisk breeze.

I am about to take advantage of the better than predicted weather, and take a walk to the little lake behind the houses across the street. :D

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:29 pm 
Master Pilot

There was a chance of flurries yesterday, but what we got instead was wind - with a vengeance. Gusting winds - now that's cold. Brrrr!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:06 pm 
Lady Scryer

Yuck. We have snow sprinkles and possibly up to snow flurries forecast tonight. :(

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:25 am 
Master Pilot

Woke up to find a heavy covering of snow this morning ,it has been many a year since there has been snow in the month of October we usually get a bit in January but never before in October. Anyway its a good excuse 4 me not to go working today cause I cant do alot in peoples gardens but make Snowmen. :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:46 pm 
Lady Scryer

LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do not think we got any snow last night - if we did, it did not survive daybreak. But parts Pennsylvania and upstate New York are due to get about ten inches today on top of all of the white stuff they got last night. :faint: And they are trying to pley the World Series in this??? :faint:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:41 pm 
Lady Scryer

Hard to believe that the yhave a foot of anow and widespread power outages out in New York and Pennsylvania and that it could be such a gloriously sunny and delightful day here. :shock:

But I will sure take it! :wink: :) 8)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:36 pm 
The UnTitled

Warm but overcast and rainy here. For the past 2 weeks.

--A

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:19 pm 
Master Pilot

Election day - supposed to be upper 60's here in Buffalo!
people are wearing shorts!!

now go out & vote!!

:earthy:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next